No announcement yet.

I just did something I said I'd never do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I'm not going to say that it takes getting used to because even though I know I'm pretty bad at playing guitar....this thing makes it more apparent lol. But in is own way it's just as easy to play as a flatter radius....probably because I can't shred anyways lol
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Chords are a little more comfortable on the smaller radius, but even though I'm not much of a shredder either, I still can't bend that well without fretting out... unless I have my action too high for my liking.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Chords are a little more comfortable on the smaller radius, but even though I'm not much of a shredder either, I still can't bend that well without fretting out... unless I have my action too high for my liking.
        Thing is...nearly all of my other guitars have the radius to be set up as shredders...but only a few are...mostly due to my laziness when it comes to set up...must of the time I'm like...is it in tune..dis it intonate...is it any harder to play than any of your other guitars..no....good enough....so med to med high action doesn't bother me at all...this new strat is set at med action and bends at every fret ring clear with no buzz anywhere on any string...I'll put it this way...I've only played it predominantly acoustically due to time restraints and it is one of my most musically pleasing guitars that I have.
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

That's the problem I have and I like big strings. I have 11's in Eb on an old schecter strat and its a pain in the ass to bend strings but it sounds great.

I still can't bend that well without fretting out... unless I have my action too high for my liking.

Comment

Nice. I agree too, nothing wrong with having a strat in your stable. I have a strat as well. the funny thing is, I wanted the strat that nobody else likes. I remember always wanting a strat and when they came out with the American Deluxe plus (IIRC), that was what I was jonesin for. It had features I wanted, but cork sniffing strat snobs turned their nose up to. It had the roller nut, locking tuners, an american standard pivot style bridge, and a factory installed trem setter. fuck yea. it stays in tune. I also loved the finish option trans red with candy apple red sunburst type edges, with a white pearloid pickguard. lots of folks disliked these strats, and values are low for resale so I was able to bag one for $500.
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Nice! Vintage-style frets aren't a big deal, but I hope you can deal with the vintage 7.25" radius. I can deal with the 9.5" radius on Strats, but just barely.
              +1. I sold my AV62RI Strat because I just couldn't jibe with the 7.25" radius. I prefer at least 12" radius. Actually, my main Strat is a 1996 Hamer USA Daytona. It has a 14.5" radius. Love it.

Comment

I prefer at least 12" radius, also. My Strat is 9.5" and I can deal with it, but it's not ideal. I've been playing my '94 Hamer Special lately that I just had refretted, and it also has the 14.5" radius which is awesome.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"Ha ha!"
                  I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                  X