I just did something I said I'd never do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just did something I said I'd never do

I went and bought a FENDER Stratocaster.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ST71AshWlnt/

Can't wait until Friday when it's due to arrive.
    Gonna be a new experience playing on vintage styled frets!

LOVE the look of this thing in Sweetwater's pics.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Radicalz nads galore man!! I like that. Something like that but with a 16'' radius would be ideal for me.
    Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

Nice! Vintage-style frets aren't a big deal, but I hope you can deal with the vintage 7.25" radius. I can deal with the 9.5" radius on Strats, but just barely.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's almost the same guitar as my original 1976 Strat. The 7.25" Radius is a change from playing the typical USA Jackson radius but with some time you'll learn to love it. At least I did but I had to do it the opposite way you are because I had my Strat before any of my Jackson's. You're going to love the cleans and semi dirty sounds you'll get with that. Nice score and HNGD!!!!
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

You're going to be in for a real treat with the ash body. All of the Strats I have played with an ash body have a great "woody" tone. I have never gotten that tone out of any of the alder bodies. Congrats and a pretty nice price too!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Nice! Vintage-style frets aren't a big deal, but I hope you can deal with the vintage 7.25" radius. I can deal with the 9.5" radius on Strats, but just barely.
            LOL I didn't even give that a second thought. I've been playing Charvels a few Jacksons (but mostly Charvels) since about 86. I have my Agiles with their radius, and other makes as well. But NOTHING that comes close to a 7.25"! I'm sure I'm gonna be like...WTF? Yep I bought this one pretty much exclusively on it's "vintagy" merits and looks . Looking forward to the impending frustration of having to relearn again. But then again, it truly can't make me sound any worse than I already am on guitar!
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

One of the nicest Strats I have seen, nice score.
              I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
              ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black
              Agile Al 3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/Blackouts
              Blackstar Soloist HT60
              Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
              Seymour Duncan 805

Comment

oh noes, what hav u dun?

enjoy it, man. That's a sweet looking axe.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Big headstock +1!!!
                  www.vvforums.com

Comment

Lotsa Aussies replying in this thread...is it hot there yet? I'm sure Toowoomba is. Cairns not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                      You're going to be in for a real treat with the ash body. All of the Strats I have played with an ash body have a great "woody" tone. I have never gotten that tone out of any of the alder bodies. Congrats and a pretty nice price too!
                      +1 My Vintage Strat and Tele are both ash!
                      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Everyone needs one Strat in their arsenal. My Strat's neck is kind of built like a C/J neck with big frets and compound radius though. My only issue with it is it doesn't have noiseless pickups and in my main playing space it hums and buzzes like a mofo. When I get an interference free area to play it in, it sounds amazing though so I'm hesitant to swap the pickups out. I'm thinking of maybe ordering a loaded pickguard then I can just hang on to the stock one and change them out if needed.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Congrats bombtek, there is nothing wrong with including a Strat in your guitar collection. Hellbat, assuming your Strat has a 5 way position pickup selector switch, positions 2 and 4 are always noisier than 1, 3, and 5. But anyway, make sure you're not by fluorescent or neon lighting. That adds lots of noise. The other thing which may work if you like the sound of your current pickups is perhaps one of those Hum Eliminator boxes perhaps?
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

There will be no string bending just be ready for that.
                            Keep 10's on it and raise the action a bit and you should be OK with it.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice score! and congratulations. I always loved strats...just hate single coils in the bridge and std trems. A strat with a floyd and hum? perfecto!

I love the large head stock too...fret board radius a non issue for ma as well.
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X