Alex Skolnick joins ESP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad View Post
    Pretty cool, however,I hate it when artists make signature-related stuff too visible on a guitar; like fretboard inlays. IMO, it's best to put their signature on the back of the headstock or a truss rod cover. I don't even mind small signatures on the headstock (see ESP KH-2). Let the specs of the guitar set it apart.
    Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
    +1
    +2. I've never been that crazy about signature models in general, but I really took a liking to the Mark Morton Dominion... it's a unique shape and only has his signature on the truss rod cover. And my LTD Alex Wade 7-string that my fiance bought me for Christmas last year... no inlays and just a small signature on the headstock.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

^I've been getting the itch for a 7 string lately and was looking at the Alex Wade model. Pretty cool guitar that I would potentially buy. And I don't know anything about Alex Wade.

On the flip side, I also like the Schecter Chris Garza (another artist I know almost nothing about) signature, but he just *had* to put "GARZA" at the 12th fret. That ruins an otherwise really cool guitar and would likely kill a purchase. Why do they have to do that? Do they just lack creativity or are they narcissists? lol.

Comment

Yeah I have to agree with you guys on that. I can't stand when someone ruins a perfectly good guitar with a personalized inlay. Now don't get me wrong I don't mind cool designs that are different I just don't like it when people put their name on a guitar really big. No matter where they put it unless it's the brand name like "Jackson!"
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          +2. I've never been that crazy about signature models in general, but I really took a liking to the Mark Morton Dominion... it's a unique shape and only has his signature on the truss rod cover. And my LTD Alex Wade 7-string that my fiance bought me for Christmas last year... no inlays and just a small signature on the headstock.
          +1 Like I said in the other thread I like the Dominion model too the shape is killer and it's not something you see everyday. Plus it's an easy fix if you don't want Mark Morton's sig. on it you just swap the truss rod cover out. That's a win win situation in my opinion.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
            I put a link to a pic of his new guitar in the second post on the thread.
            Really? I'm surprised I didn't see it. Thank you!!!

I like it. I have a strict rule that I never buy guitars with other peoples names as inlays, but I still really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
              ^I've been getting the itch for a 7 string lately and was looking at the Alex Wade model. Pretty cool guitar that I would potentially buy. And I don't know anything about Alex Wade.

On the flip side, I also like the Schecter Chris Garza (another artist I know almost nothing about) signature, but he just *had* to put "GARZA" at the 12th fret. That ruins an otherwise really cool guitar and would likely kill a purchase. Why do they have to do that? Do they just lack creativity or are they narcissists? lol.
              Alex Wade is one of three guitar players in the band Whitechapel. When I met my fiance back in early 2010, she got me into them. They're kind of a death metal/deathcore band that I really enjoy. All three guitar players and even the bass player have cool LTD sig models which I wouldn't mind owning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-2_9cqOuQE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wI2PXkQaGE

Comment

Alex Wade is one of three guitar players in the band Whitechapel. When I met my fiance back in early 2010, she got me into them. They're kind of a death metal/deathcore band that I really enjoy. All three guitar players and even the bass player have cool LTD sig models which I wouldn't mind owning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-2_9cqOuQE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wI2PXkQaGE
                Alex Wade posts on sevenstring.org, and he said he's trying to get a new sig model. Gonna be a 7 string bolt on Tele.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                  Alex Wade posts on sevenstring.org, and he said he's trying to get a new sig model. Gonna be a 7 string bolt on Tele.
                  I don't go to the site all that often, but I did read that on there the other day. I know he's been playing the Stephen Carpenter Tele for awhile and he also did get his own custom swamp ash Tele awhile back.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                    Really? I'm surprised I didn't see it. Thank you!!!

I like it. I have a strict rule that I never buy guitars with other peoples names as inlays, but I still really like it.
                    No problem bro! And I like you will not spend my hard earned cash on a guitar with someone else's name inlaid on the fret board.

Comment

Interesting. I guess he left Heritage. I wonder if he'll be using them on Friday when I see Testament with Lamb of God and Killswitch Engage. I also wonder what his signature Seymour Duncan pickup set is going to be. :think: http://espguitars.com/articles/19635...the-esp-family
                      Saw this show Saturday night in Boston... was a little disappointed with LOG for the second consecutive show. They've (IMO) always been real good about bringing good acts on the road with them, they're not afraid of competition that's for sure... seen them about six times now. But I also saw them last June and it seems to me they like to bump up local acts on the bill. Last June they had Decapitated open for Andromeda Strain!? And now Testament opening for KSE. WTF? Great show though... and I want to fuck the lead singer of Huntress to death. Wonder who she's banging on this tour...
                      Hear the universe scream
                      Bleeding from black holes
                      Whom horns careless
                      And whom God mourns

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                        The thread title should be "Alex Skolnick gets a different company to build him LP clone sig."

Yep.

And I read the topic headliner as "Alex Skolnick needs money and ESP pays"

Comment

Originally posted by paulbag View Post
                          Saw this show Saturday night in Boston... was a little disappointed with LOG for the second consecutive show. They've (IMO) always been real good about bringing good acts on the road with them, they're not afraid of competition that's for sure... seen them about six times now. But I also saw them last June and it seems to me they like to bump up local acts on the bill. Last June they had Decapitated open for Andromeda Strain!? And now Testament opening for KSE. WTF? Great show though... and I want to fuck the lead singer of Huntress to death. Wonder who she's banging on this tour...
                          I got there a little late, totally missed Huntress and missed most of Testament's set, but they sounded great. KSE I'm not a huge fan of, and I don't own any of their CDs, but I saw them back in June in NYC, and they're fun to watch, they put on a great show and don't disappoint. LOG were very tight (even though they had a different bass player since John Campbell had family issues and couldn't be there) and they also sounded awesome.

Comment

Testament was excellent Joe...was probably happiest to see them, it's been a long time and they sounded great. They just needed a longer set. Killswitch do put on a great show... Adam's a goofy bastard and a great player.
                            Hear the universe scream
                            Bleeding from black holes
                            Whom horns careless
                            And whom God mourns

Comment

Working...
                            X