Alex Skolnick joins ESP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Skolnick joins ESP...

Interesting. I guess he left Heritage. I wonder if he'll be using them on Friday when I see Testament with Lamb of God and Killswitch Engage. I also wonder what his signature Seymour Duncan pickup set is going to be. :think: http://espguitars.com/articles/19635...the-esp-family
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Cool article Toejam! You're a lucky bastage! That's a killer lineup to see live!!! Here's what it looks like if anyone's wondering. Pretty sweet looking axe IMO.http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CDQQ9QEwAg
    Last edited by leftykingv2; 11-19-2013, 06:48 PM.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Cool! I saw the silverburst on the main ESP site but didn't see the amber. I saw Testament, Anthrax and Death Angel around this same time two years ago, and they didn't disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Cool! I saw the silverburst on the main ESP site but didn't see the amber. I saw Testament, Anthrax and Death Angel around this same time two years ago, and they didn't disappoint.
        I've seen Testament and Anthrax but never Death Angel. I'd love to catch them one day! I saw the silver one too. I just liked the amber one better.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

The thread title should be "Alex Skolnick gets a different company to build him LP clone sig."

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Comment

Very underrated player, seen him many times with Testament startin back in the day and they usually put on a killer show, but yeah - yawn in the LP. I thought he was with Ibanez, but that was prolly stale 20+ year old info LOL! I guess he was playing some type of LP copy last time I saw them.
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

It was a Heritage guitar RR05xx. Did anyone notice the knob placement on his new ESP axe? I think its pretty sweet. I am not a big ESP guy but that looks like a really nice guitar. The Heritage guitars are nice as hell too. A guy I used to play with had two of them. They're great guitars as well Imo.

Comment

He switched to ESP a while ago, I reeeally want to see his new sig I played his sig Heritage a few years back, and it played really good. Wouldn't buy it, but I'd play one.

Comment

I think they could have been a little more creative with the "AS" inlay somehow
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                      I think they could have been a little more creative with the "AS" inlay somehow
                      I think so, too. It kinda sucks, but it's his sig model and I guess that's what he wanted. Maybe the production models for the public won't have that.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                        He switched to ESP a while ago, I reeeally want to see his new sig I played his sig Heritage a few years back, and it played really good. Wouldn't buy it, but I'd play one.
                        I put a link to a pic of his new guitar in the second post on the thread.

Comment

Pretty cool, however,I hate it when artists make signature-related stuff too visible on a guitar; like fretboard inlays. IMO, it's best to put their signature on the back of the headstock or a truss rod cover. I don't even mind small signatures on the headstock (see ESP KH-2). Let the specs of the guitar set it apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                            Pretty cool, however,I hate it when artists make signature-related stuff too visible on a guitar; like fretboard inlays. IMO, it's best to put their signature on the back of the headstock or a truss rod cover. I don't even mind small signatures on the headstock (see ESP KH-2). Let the specs of the guitar set it apart.
                            +1

Comment

Jump to 0:45!!! Alex rocks!
                              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                              X