X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Cool guitars, I just don't find the headstock on Deans visually appealing.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        Cool guitars, I just don't find the headstock on Deans visually appealing.
        I don't either, but the smaller ones without binding I don't mind.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
          the pickup bezels need to be replaced
          FYI, the pickup bezels are made by DiMarzio and DiMarzio hasn't changed them in 40 years. You can get them dirt cheap on eBay from Musicians Friend with free shipping.

Comment

Great looking guitar Jamie. How do you like the soft V neck profile? I had a 79 black Z with a bound neck and body. Man, I miss that guitar. Enjoy!!!

Comment

It's a dog the truss rod has bottomed out and the neck is bowed. It might setup w 8s or 9s flat but 10s at pitch NOPE. Unfortunately this isn't the first old dean I've had w a soft neck. Guess ill be searching for a Hamer, Jackson and BCRich explorers are just too hard to find and $$ but ya never know.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                It's a dog the truss rod has bottomed out and the neck is bowed. It might setup w 8s or 9s flat but 10s at pitch NOPE. Unfortunately this isn't the first old dean I've had w a soft neck. Guess ill be searching for a Hamer, Jackson and BCRich explorers are just too hard to find and $$ but ya never know.
                Damn ! really ??? I've seen at least 100 of these and have only seen one with a truss-rod problem like that. Well damn, we both got hosed on our purchases this week. I'm glad you helped me figure out something was going on with mine before it shipped. Are you going to send the Z back ? I would. eBay will support you 100% with a problem like that.

Comment

Yep it's going back. Looks and sounds great but I usually use 11s on short scale guitars so this one not being able to handle 10s sucks. It's must be something on the east coast because around here this isn't that uncommon w old Deans. Luckily the seller seemed cool about it, I will know for sure once I get the refund.

Comment

That's a bummer, Jamie. At least you're getting your money back.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That sucks bro! Sorry to hear that!
                      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

i think its the northeast, I've seen a couple of others with neck issues around here. the hunt continues.

Comment

Could be. I know I have to make neck adjustments here in Pgh. Pa. at least once every 60 days depending on the weather.
                          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

LKV it's odd most of my guitars only need minor adjustments summer/winter but most have modern type truss rods. The only 2 guitars I had that needed frequent adjustments were an SG-Z and a dean ML i had years ago. Both had mahogany necks and vintage type truss rods. I kept the dean a few weeks cause I thought the neck was just completely unstable and SG I kept about a yr cause I got sick and tired of how finicky it was. I don't think it's just the mahogany since I've had a couple of older Hamers and they were very stable.

Comment

Working...
                            X