NGD any Dean fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD any Dean fans

82 Z flame series. should get here beginning of next week. my first explorer shape hope i like it.

Looks nice! Good score!

Comment

Great choice. I think I'm in the minority here but I like a nice Dean. Have had a few over the years and all but one were great.
      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

i had an ML for a few months back in the day. was looking for an explorer for a while, narrowed it down to a Hamer or a Dean and this one was priced right so.

Comment

I've played some nice Deans in my time. That's a nice looking guitar, score!!! I'm not impressed by them riding the Dime guitar thing way too much.
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
            I've played some nice Deans in my time. That's a nice looking guitar, score!!! I'm not impressed by them riding the Dime guitar thing way too much.
            No worse than any other company does. Jackson with Randy, Dean with Dime, Gibson with about anyone who ever used their shit.
            In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Wow, small world. Looks just like one I got a month or so ago. Mine is a Dec. 1981(the month they switched to the smaller Series III headstock) Z Flame Series.

Comment

Beauty....cool score....congrats!!

Comment

Nice score bro!!! Congrats and HNGD!!! A friend of mine has a USA Mustaine model V and it's killer! The old USA stuff is awesome too!
                  This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

The older USA Deans are pretty awesome IMO.
                    Here is my old 81 blue burst V.
                    Original DiMarzio PAF's
                    Last edited by straycat; 11-19-2013, 02:45 PM.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Very nice! I love the smaller headstock.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                        A friend of mine has a USA Mustaine model V and it's killer!
                        I've always wanted a USA with amber flamed top. I do have a silver VMNT that's Korean made, and it is pretty damn good. I don't care much for V shapes these days, but it plays well and has the lowest action of just about any guitar I've ever owned.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          I've always wanted a USA with amber flamed top. I do have a silver VMNT that's Korean made, and it is pretty damn good. I don't care much for V shapes these days, but it plays well and has the lowest action of just about any guitar I've ever owned.
                          Yeah my buddy's is super sick! One of the nicest guitars I have ever played but it better be. I think he paid over 3K for it after tax and it is the amber top one you're talking about. Absolutely killer looking and sounding guitar.
                          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                            The older USA Deans are pretty awesome IMO.
                            Here is my old 81 blue burst V.
                            Original DiMarzio PAF's
                            That is sweet as hell Stray!

Comment

that V is awesome. it arrived today, very cool guitar, soft V neck. the pickup bezels need to be replaced the jackplate was changed and doesnt really fit. heres some more pics it cleaned up real nice. and its an 82 first yr for schallers and the Cherry burst has aged nicely.

Comment

Working...
                              X