Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK this is getting just a bit ridiculous..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To my ears, these things sound like flatulent rhinos being intermittently attacked by a swarm of bees.

If you want to play bass, play a bass. 6 strings forever! LOL

Comment

I got big enough paws to comfortably play an 8 string..........

but..

I don't

I can barely play 6

but.... I'll admit to getting off on chuggin away on a 7
      WWW.HELGUitars.com

Comment

Way too many strings... I'm staying with my 6 string's and I'm considering getting a 7 string in the future, but that's the most I would go for.
        Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
        Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          Everything gets played Classical style. You don't wrap your thumb over the top, it goes against the back just like the meedly-meedly further up the neck.

However, if I was going to have 10 strings, it'd be a double-neck bass/guitar, not this.....thing.

It's a wearable pedal steel, without the pedals, or bar, or volume pedal, or some redneck crying about his wifster running away with his other brother.

Suppose you did whip this out in a band; what's the bassist doing? 2nd 10-string? You swap out guitar and bass duties and then meet up for the harmonized solos?
          What about the drums? How are they tuned for this? You can't go too low, you'd make people shit from the 20Hz barrage, so you'd have to tune them up to where they sounded like a $40 WalMart Casio keyboard pooka-pooka-piik drum machine.

And what about the singer? He'd have the mic up his ass and let the 7-11 microwave burrito and Big Gulp Sprite do the lyrics? I mean, Jim Gillette would pass on that gig because it's outside his vocal range (assuming he's still alive).

The musical possibilities are endless, however, as long as you were a classically trained pianist looking to downsize considerably. Maybe a quartet playing in all 4 available octaves in sync.
          Are you talking about the "Brown Note?" And Gillette is still alive. Lita Ford just divorced him because he's a 300LB steroid freak and he beat the living fuck out of her. That guy is a fucking poozer!!! How a girl like her ends up married to a fudge packer like Gillette is a fucking mystery in itself. I also can't tolerate guys who beat women for any reason. One of my Ex-Girlfriends broke my nose once in front of about 20 people and I just looked at her smiled and walked away. There's no excuse or reason that makes hitting a girl acceptable to me. It's just so fucking weak and pathetic.
          Last edited by leftykingv2; 10-18-2013, 02:37 PM.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
            One of my Ex-Girlfriends broke my nose once in front of about 20 people and I just looked at her smiled and walked away. There's no excuse or reason that makes hitting a girl acceptable to me. It's just so fucking weak and pathetic.
            If some bitch broke my nose, she'd get punched right the fuck back. I don't think it's right to hit a woman, but if women are supposed to be treated equal to a man, there's no reason she should be able to hit a man and not get hit back!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              If some bitch broke my nose, she'd get punched right the fuck back. I don't think it's right to hit a woman, but if women are supposed to be treated equal to a man, there's no reason she should be able to hit a man and not get hit back!
              Believe me Toejam it took more restraint than I thought I had bro. Plus it was at one of her family's functions. Her neice's birthday party to be exact. I knew if I did anything I'd be fighting her two brothers her father and about 20 of her male cousins so I was the better man and just walked. Needless to say her family was so embarrassed by what she did that they sent me cards and her father tried to pay my hospital bills. Which I did not accept. I just got the fuck out of there and the relationship as fast as I could. Her family still seems embarrassed when they see me. The punch came from left field as well bro. Nobody there knew what I did to get punched including me. Not even her brother who was standing there and said to her right after she punched me "What the fuck is wrong with you?"
              Last edited by leftykingv2; 10-19-2013, 01:20 PM.
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X