Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK this is getting just a bit ridiculous..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P I K A View Post
    Needs a Floyd
    LMAO!!!!
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbraim4Fu8o
      Favorite comment:
      "74 Trees died in the making of this instrument "
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I like 7's. After all, in standard tuning it's just another B string so it's easy to visualize scales.

I've had two eights and sold them both because it just wasn't for me. There are some guys out there coming up with some cool sounding stuff on 8's. I've seen some interesting videos with 9+, but that gets beyond my simplistic ears. Plus, I know I would have no chance of muting that many strings. I had a hard enough time keeping 8 under control.

I agree with Xeno that 7 is guitar-like, 8 becomes a guitar/bass hybrid, and anything after that becomes experimental.

Comment

10 string bass... Hey, if it brings joy to people, more power to them but it still cracks me up seeing these dwarf these guys:

Comment

Uhm, what????? ^
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

This is fast aproaching the line where it stops being a guitar and becomes a harp, lol.
              In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

No thanks 6 is enough for me.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

1 string can give me enough trouble as it is
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

At the end of the day, Is there a major difference between this and a Chapman Stick? Nobody gets shit for playing one of those. The guy in that second video is playing some awesome stuff, and it's probably a lot easier for guitarists or bassists to adapt to ERG/B than a Stick. I wouldn't play it, but then again, I'm not that great on a 6!
                    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by watson503 View Post
                      10 string bass... Hey, if it brings joy to people, more power to them but it still cracks me up seeing these dwarf these guys:

I've known Jean a long time, he's the bass player for Nuclear Rabbit. I remember when he broke one of the tuners on his four string and i jumped to a 5 or 6 string (can't remember now 20 years later) but he's one of those guys who makes 10+ string instruments seem like a good idea. he's fucking amazing but he's also extremely talented and worked very hard to get to the level he's at, i certainly don't think someone who's been playing a short time needs anything more then a 4 string bass.

I have an 8 string agile and it's nifty but i certainly wouldn't buy another one. it was cool experimenting and having the range but you have to have some talent to make those not sound like just mud and well all i sound like is mud
                      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Pfffft......... 10 strings, 11 strings. I've had a 12 string Ovation for years :P

Comment

I just saw this posted on another forum, reminded me of this thread:

Comment

I think your 10 string guitar is out of tune.......3 hours later.....nope, it's still not in tune....

Comment

That's insane! I personally don't want to try and play any guitar if my hand won't even fit around the nut. I mean how do you grip the back of the neck when you go up to the higher frets?
                              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Everything gets played Classical style. You don't wrap your thumb over the top, it goes against the back just like the meedly-meedly further up the neck.

However, if I was going to have 10 strings, it'd be a double-neck bass/guitar, not this.....thing.

It's a wearable pedal steel, without the pedals, or bar, or volume pedal, or some redneck crying about his wifster running away with his other brother.

Suppose you did whip this out in a band; what's the bassist doing? 2nd 10-string? You swap out guitar and bass duties and then meet up for the harmonized solos?
                                What about the drums? How are they tuned for this? You can't go too low, you'd make people shit from the 20Hz barrage, so you'd have to tune them up to where they sounded like a $40 WalMart Casio keyboard pooka-pooka-piik drum machine.

And what about the singer? He'd have the mic up his ass and let the 7-11 microwave burrito and Big Gulp Sprite do the lyrics? I mean, Jim Gillette would pass on that gig because it's outside his vocal range (assuming he's still alive).

The musical possibilities are endless, however, as long as you were a classically trained pianist looking to downsize considerably. Maybe a quartet playing in all 4 available octaves in sync.
                                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                                X