Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

36 fret 3 octave electric guitar build thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have done some more accurate plans. i am considering 1 humbucker sized single in the bridge and a shadow eq5 in the remaining area. 1 volume push/pull active/passive 1 tone push/pull single/humbucker and a 3 way switch.
    Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

Cool, nice work. Will you get "enough" out of a hotrail type, bridge pup?
      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
        Cool, nice work. Will you get "enough" out of a hotrail type, bridge pup?
        How do you mean ''enough''?

I don't see how it will be an issue. Is in the same spot as a strat bridge but without the angle. As for the eq5 i can set it to a neck like tone and have the best of both worlds and full access.
        Last edited by charvelsteen; 07-04-2013, 11:48 PM.

Comment

This is the Paulownia timber i am using.

Comment

And some pictures of the bridge layout,

Comment

It always seems to me that a Hotrail style pickup lacks a bit of the oomph when compared to a full size humbucker. Just curious was all, keep up the good work.
              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I think this is very, very cool. I'm not convinced it will be overly practical, and yes I've seen the youtube videos...Prove us wrong !
                -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
                  I think this is very, very cool. I'm not convinced it will be overly practical, and yes I've seen the youtube videos...Prove us wrong !
                  haha yeah/

Comment

Coming along nicely, great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                      It always seems to me that a Hotrail style pickup lacks a bit of the oomph when compared to a full size humbucker. Just curious was all, keep up the good work.
                      Hmmm i have never had any issue with them. I guess i havent realy tried one in the bridge all that much. I am sure a super distortion or something would work well there. I still might just go with one regular sized hum. See how i feel the day i get out the router and make the cavities.
                      Last edited by charvelsteen; 07-05-2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
                        Coming along nicely, great stuff.
                        hey bro i am also in Australia, thanks for the support.

Comment

Comment

Damn, looking good.

Comment

Thanks mate. The finish is where the magic will happen. You just keep watching buddy.

I just started using some files on it to clean up some of the edges etc and damn the wood is soft. I am going to bevel all the edges by hand just encase the router tears an edge off.
                              Last edited by charvelsteen; 07-08-2013, 12:39 AM.

Comment

I've got a big chunk of black walnut that I'm going to try to get 2 bodies out of. I'm not much for making necks. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                                X