Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guitar shapes I'm growing accustomed to, maybe even start to like a little...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
    That's how I play. A Rhoads doesn't balance at all and there's nothing to hold if you pinch the body between the legs. At least with a KV or roundhorn you have that wing... a strat just fits perfectly anyway. The kelly is just too large and bulky sitting down.
    I've never had a problem sitting with a Kelly or Rhoads. I actually prefer them sitting than I do with a King V.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like it too, something about that paint scheme is just cool. Now the price... well thats another story. I could buy a decent used car for that kinda coin.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I really like the looks of the red one. The way the grain bleeds through goes along with the shape. I would have to play it. But I like it for some reason.

Comment

lol Rob, I'm not ok with that price either. Maybe I'm just growing bored of the same ol, same ol as the saying goes.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I've never had a problem sitting with a Kelly or Rhoads. I actually prefer them sitting than I do with a King V.
          I have no problem sitting with the Kelly, it actually lays on the lap nicely, but I think it's just too big. I have to reach around the body too much. Then again I'm only 5'7 and to me my Warwick Thumb bass or a standard strat shape is perfection.

I have no problem with a KV or Flying V shape. Put one wing over your right leg and rest the bottom wingtip over your calf, and it just sits there with the body leaning against your left leg and you can even let your hands go completely.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

To everyone saying how the first one would be extremely uncomfortable to play, you're completely wrong. The grooves in the side make sure the guitar is extremely comfortable whether playing in the sitting or classical position.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
              To everyone saying how the first one would be extremely uncomfortable to play, you're completely wrong. The grooves in the side make sure the guitar is extremely comfortable whether playing in the sitting or classical position.
              And a comment from someone who actually knows.

Thanks dude!
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
              X