Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guitar shapes I'm growing accustomed to, maybe even start to like a little...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar shapes I'm growing accustomed to, maybe even start to like a little...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110943953126

And this is starting to grow on me too:

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

I'm still a ways off with those shapes.
    I'm open to actually trying one tho'. Might be great guitars.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I don't mind it ...'cept for that thigh gouger..ow.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, imagine how many times you've accidentally hit yourself or something else with a guitar body... then imagine it being one of those pointy things in your eye.

Comment

Hahaha what are you smoking, Mike?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Reverse pointies...in the face. IN ..THE ..FACE !!!

Ron..go nighty night. I wanna cuddle...hold me, and tell me a story .
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

My guitar in your fucking face motherfucker!

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Hahaha what are you smoking, Mike?
              lol. Shush.

Comment

the heavy metal prince guitar.

Comment

i have grown to like some of those weird shaped, japanese ESPs. i like the "antelope" and the "reindeer" quite a bit. even though it isn't TOO weird, i like the horizon III, too...

that funky-camo "forest" pic you posted is pretty cool. i equate those with cheap kid guitars, since that's what they are here in the US - but i bet a full-on jap "forest" would be killer....
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yuck for playing. Awesome for hanging on the wall as decoration.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                      Yuck for playing..
                      Speaking from experience or close minded-ness?

Honestly, you can't get much worse than a Rhoads or a Kelly sitting down, IMO. Standing they're fine, but both suck as lap guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                        Honestly, you can't get much worse than a Rhoads or a Kelly sitting down, IMO. Standing they're fine, but both suck as lap guitars.
                        Not when you play Classical style with the guitar between your legs. Hell, I even play a Strat that way.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The guitar shape I didn't care all that much about at first is the Mark Morton Dominion. After thinking about it for awhile, I did get one back in 2004 when they first came out, and I love it! It balances very well and feels great sitting or standing.
                          m4full.jpg
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            Not when you play Classical style with the guitar between your legs. Hell, I even play a Strat that way.
                            That's how I play. A Rhoads doesn't balance at all and there's nothing to hold if you pinch the body between the legs. At least with a KV or roundhorn you have that wing... a strat just fits perfectly anyway. The kelly is just too large and bulky sitting down.

Comment

I don't know i find the Kelly one of the most comfortable guitars standing or sitting. My favorite designs are Strat or 'S' shape, Kelly, and Rhoads, in that order. Rhoads is not comfortable at all sitting even in classical position to me, Kelly is fine both standing and sitting and strat style is perfection. I dig the shape of the Forest, but it looks uncomfortable as hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X