No announcement yet.

Surplus Bodies and necks for sale over at Guitar Fetish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a body from them a few years ago. It was great for the price but not up to say something like Warmoth quality. Also the Fender neck I had didn't fit the pocket.

Comment

But you haven't bought one of these factory closeout bodies?

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Boy View Post
        I bought a body from them a few years ago. It was great for the price but not up to say something like Warmoth quality.
        But the price reflected that, right?
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Between Samick and Cort I think they build half the guitars in the world. I think the indonesian squiers were samick too.
          These bodies look like shit to me. the screw holes for the bridge look way off or for a funky screw spacing. I'd be afraid that I was just throwing money away.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            Between Samick and Cort I think they build half the guitars in the world. I think the indonesian squiers were samick too.
            These bodies look like shit to me. the screw holes for the bridge look way off or for a funky screw spacing. I'd be afraid that I was just throwing money away.
            For $30.00 though, it's short money to find out.

Most of the stuff as I understand it were supposed to be Ibanez, but became canceled orders once they lost the ability to warehouse it due to the stuff in Japan last year.
            Last week he had a bunch of Ax bodies for sale. Way more work than I could handle, but somebody with a talent could make some good stuff.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

But it's only $30. I mean think about it, we have all spent more on hookers and cocaine in a weekend. So it's worth the risk to try one
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Since I've never been with a hooker or done coke I guess I have to go out and get a hooker and do some coke to want one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                  But it's only $30. I mean think about it, we have all spent more on hookers and cocaine in a weekend. So it's worth the risk to try one
                  I've spent more in one weekend than the bloke who bought all of those pallets of necks and bodies.
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    But you haven't bought one of these factory closeout bodies?
                    Nope. Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                      But the price reflected that, right?
                      I'm just passing on my personal experience. Great stuff for the price...go for it.

Comment

so has anyone bought one of these yet?

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                          so has anyone bought one of these yet?
                          Great question Tome. Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

just my .02 cents. all the necks and bodies need work. i'm thinking they're targeting luthiers who will buy bulk or individuals good with tools. for the majority of ppl these unfinished parts are a turn-off. not surprised that no one here has bought any of these.... my feeling is that they will be sitting on these for a looooong time. unless they got it dirt cheap, it's a wrong investment to buy this lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                              I've spent more in one weekend than the bloke who bought all of those pallets of necks and bodies.
                              Judging by the sale price and the stacks they showed, it wouldn't take that big of a roll to buy all that. They're at least tripling their money on that one too.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I am sure the got it dirt cheap. Look at all the room it takes up in the pics. It was just taking up space.

Comment

Working...
                                X