Michael Schenker V - Upgraded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by axmann View Post
    Tea or coffee doesn't work, atleast what I tried, for frickin' weeks. The only thing I have found that somewhat works is some old Kiwi brown paste shoe polish. I think we talked about this awhile back. Also, don't start with a pure white pickguard. Parchment worked for me. Cream was too tan colored. That still is a way cool guitar and a nice tribute to one of my favorite people.
    +1. I tried using tea and coffee to age DiMarzio pickup rings, but the Kiwi paste works the best.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      LOL I remember reading years ago that one of the guitar players from Kix used to have a "smoke shed" behind his house and he would hang guitars in there with a bunch of lit cigarettes to age his guitars!
      Interestingly, he lives in a shed now.
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
        Interestingly, he lives in a shed now.
        I'm sure he does.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm not a big roundhorn V fan, but I like it. Definitely try and match the vintage white color, otherwise it gets a thumbs up from me.

Comment

Check out this Edwards M. Schenker V.
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESP-EDWARDS-FV-M-Schenker-DOT-INLAY-type-Duncan-Brand-NEW-MIJ-/271003527974?pt=Guitar&hash=item3f1911ab26

Comment

Even if the colors are matched now, isn't the white lacquered clear coat just going to continue to get more and more yellow over time? Leave it - it looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                Even if the colors are matched now, isn't the white lacquered clear coat just going to continue to get more and more yellow over time? Leave it - it looks great.
                +1. In that link to the Edwards on ebay, the "whites" looked just like mine - the paint a creamy color, and the pickguard parts a brighter white.

Comment

That looks pretty cool. I have an Edwards Les Paul and the fret work on these is really good! Also looks like a nice Duncan pickup selection in that Schenker V, Custom in the bridge amd Jazz neck.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                  X