Star project idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
    Um there is no neck pocket. It's a neck thru. U could do block inlays or make ebony crosses to fill in the removed crosses. Kind of like a patch. Tape off the binding and make it unique and yours. I think it would be pretty cool.
    Gil
    Hmm. I like the way you're thinking, Gil. I really like the way this ax sounds, feels & plays. Just fucking hate the light gray scheme and not jazzed about the crosses. I'd like to do something, anything to make it less repulsive. Fuck I really wanna change that hs to a banana-style.

I guess I could fill the cross inlays with ebony, and come up with some paint scheme wicked cool to pull the eyes away from that shitty head stock.

Comment

Maple fretboard with black dots, please.
      Rick

Comment

Even though it plays good, you're better off selling it and putting the money towards another star that you really like. Getting a refin is fine but it's too much work to modify the headstock and the inlays.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
          Even though it plays good, you're better off selling it and putting the money towards another star that you really like. Getting a refin is fine but it's too much work to modify the headstock and the inlays.

Doesn't sound like a fun project if you ask me...
          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Nah, I'm gonna hang onto it as it is a solid performer and with a little creativity, can become something a little less ugly.

To that end I'd like to hear suggestions as to what to do color/design-wise with the binding to remain intact. In other words, what the fuck can I do to satisfy both my love of high-impact graphics & colors that works with cream binding?
            Leaning towards black & white imagery.

Comment

I say ship it to Learn for a celtic cross graphic. He could tie in the creme binding with the colors in the graphic. Maybe the cross inlays won't look so out of place then.

Comment

Working...
              X