Star project idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star project idea

Alas, my Star mania knows no bounds. I've been searching for reasons to validate holding onto my LTD RL-600 as it plays REALLY nice and has an awesome VH-esque sound thanks to the EVH Franken-pup I swapped in. So, I got to thinking, why not make it more VH-esque by having it painted in VH motif and try and mod the headstock to look more like the Kramer 5150 banana HS by adding a bit of rounded wood to the end of their pointy. Then, upgrade the existing trem to a full-on OFR w/ Big Block and presto! VH tribute ax.
    The only down side is the stupid cross inlays. Nothing I can do about those without serious cost incurred.

lame, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
      lame, IMO
      Noted. It's a good thing I'm not building it for you, huh?

Comment

It would look pretty cool without the retarded cross inlays.
        Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
        Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
          It would look pretty cool without the retarded cross inlays.
          +1

Noted that in my initial post.

Comment

Sadly, this idea will likely NOT become reality. Too many issues; like binding around the head stock and neck. Ah well, maybe I'm due for another CS-

Comment

I have a Black Star body with a Floyd route & 1 hum waiting for paint,I know where to find me one of those necks ,with the inlays.
              I could have it done in a few weeks, same paint scheme. It's got a single knob as well.
              According To The Prophecy

Comment

Is that your new headstock, or are you just happy to see me?

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Is that your new headstock, or are you just happy to see me?

They ARE a little phallic, aren't they? Certainly lends credibility to the head shrinker's notion that the guitar is a phallic symbol and an extension/ projection (no pun intended) of our manhood.
                  Sheee-ooot. Wish mine was that size...

Comment

Originally posted by Drake S. View Post
                    I have a Black Star body with a Floyd route & 1 hum waiting for paint,I know where to find me one of those necks ,with the inlays.
                    I could have it done in a few weeks, same paint scheme. It's got a single knob as well.
                    Not sure everyone is aware that this is a neck thru ax I was trying to mod.

Comment

It is a cool looking concept. If that headstock didn't have binding, it would have been almost workable. Anything can be done for a price, but by that time, you would be better off with a fresh build.
                      Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                        Noted. It's a good thing I'm not building it for you, huh?
                        Yeah, that was a bit blunt, in my opinion it would look better without the EVH paint,

Is it white at the moment?, I like the cross inlays, probably the only one who does

Comment

Put a Jackson pointy neck on it.May need to open the neck pocket but doable.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Um there is no neck pocket. It's a neck thru. U could do block inlays or make ebony crosses to fill in the removed crosses. Kind of like a patch. Tape off the binding and make it unique and yours. I think it would be pretty cool.
                            Gil

Comment

Ok didn't know it was neck thru.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X