X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straycat View Post
    Xeno I can't wait for a review.
    I can't wait to get it in my hands.

Interestingly enough, I found a model identical to my first guitar, a MIJ Fender Contemporary 2 hum on ebay and mine was gun metal grey just like it:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/261079075908

It was a really great guitar, but I'm already knee-deep so I won't be buying it. I really did not like that Fender trem.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The series 1 trems weren't very good and that kept me from collecting those guitars.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        My search for a MIJ Stratocaster has ended. This one is coming across the Pacific!
        I don't know why I didn't see the pics on this before but that thing is fuckin hot. Love it. If you want it to be able to pull off authentic(ish) Strat tones, throw a P-rails in it.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Oh, I did see another Fender just like mine on some other Japanese site. It had a creme pickup ring, but the specs are the same. All Gotoh hardware and a Super Distortion. Not sure what the normal price is, but this is one of the more expensive MIJs. Judging by how Ishibashi deterimines values, as well as their prices on new and used Floyded MIJs, it was probably around 100000 yen brand new. A bit more than a brand new American Standard.

The model does indeed appear to be "ST-80'S Type LA (ST-57 1H)" in case you want to keep an eye out.

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          I don't know why I didn't see the pics on this before but that thing is fuckin hot. Love it. If you want it to be able to pull off authentic(ish) Strat tones, throw a P-rails in it.
          Nah. It has a Super Distortion. I'd pick that or an EMG myself, so a bone stock Strat like I bought is exactly what I wanted in the first place. And I'm really looking forward to checking out the Gotoh Floyd.
          Last edited by xenophobe; 08-14-2012, 09:29 PM.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
          X