Jap strats, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jap strats, anyone?

Here is a couple I picked up over the last couple of months,the two on the left are Japanese, the green one is a clone-mutt with USA parts, great players.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Pro Mod's have pretty much spoiled me. Why do they almost never make a floyded maple neck?

Comment

Floyds are not a Fender design is my guess. The amount of Fender manufactured floyded strats probably has greatly decreased in production relative to the two point non floyded models over the past 10 years.
      I have a bunch of Jap strats all over the spectrum of styles.

Comment

That White Strat with the Floyd is exactly what I'm looking for Great collection.
        According To The Prophecy

Comment

VERY COOL !!! Hey Chuk , look for a early 90's HRR strat. I LOVED it !! Came with OFR and Dimarzio XN2 in bridge with two tex mex sc pups.

I got rid of it at the time becaue I had that silly "cheap import" mindset at the time. I still do with an Epi standard LP. I wish I could get over it..but I can't help it. I know..it's dumb! They're great guitars !!!

I'd buy a HRR in a heartbeat. It actually sounded a little better (darker) than my '95 vintage-white, and maple 'Floyd Rose Classic " I waited over a year for. The HRR and FRC looked great together and had their own magic. Shit, I'm buying another one...even tho I don't play most of my guitars I have. Again..dumb!..Yes.

The Strat look I want is olymipc white with pearloid gaurd, chrome OFR and hardware, maple with reversed LARGE headstock, PAF pro bridge, and two premium sc pups in white. That's all I want. I'm not a big radius freak..as long as it feels right.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You know what Billz We are on the same page here except the reverse head stock Now onto more Ebay searching!
            According To The Prophecy

Comment

I hate to revive an old thread but here's my MIJ Strat.

Comment

My search for a MIJ Stratocaster has ended. This one is coming across the Pacific!

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That almost looks like an Ibanez bridge. What year is the guitar?

Comment

It's a Gotoh, and I'm not quite sure of the year. It has Gotoh tuners and Jumbo frets as well. The guitar hasn't shipped yet. I'll post a NGD when I get it though.

Comment

Mine hasn't looked that good since in was made in 89.. Congrats on your find!

Comment

I had one Japanese Strat years ago and got rid of it. Not the only regret I have with guitars over the years. When times got tough I had to get rid of them. Now I'm able to keep any of my guitars and I won't get rid of any of them.
                        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Xeno that is one beauty you have coming.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                            Xeno that is one beauty you have coming.
                            And it's relatively new. It's a 2010 model. I can't find anything about it on the Fender Japan site, so it's either a discontinued model, a limited run, or a one off. The nut doesn't appear to be FR it looks just a little bit different, the clamps look more rounded than pointy, so it's probably Gotoh too. When I realized it had jumbo frets and a locking nut and no screw holes for vtrem string retainer, I kinda freaked out. It's like the Fender that should always have been. lol

And thanks!

Comment

Xeno I can't wait for a review.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X