No announcement yet.

NGD first Epi LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mosh, can you tell me about your choice in power amp? What made you choose the solid state carvin?

Comment

Originally posted by Burn View Post
      Hey Mosh, can you tell me about your choice in power amp? What made you choose the solid state carvin?
      I went with it mainly didn't want the hassle of carting around a tube amp and extra tubes "just in case" + I like the way the the axe-fx sounds with the amp sim's power section ON. it's generally accepted that you turn the power section OFF when using a tube power amp although it can sound good with them on with a tube amp too if you tweak it right.

I went with the Carvin cause its pretty clean, and I have ample power to chunk along with anyone, and use any config of cabs I want for where I'm at. and I'm good down to 2ohms just in case

MOSHON
      DAVE
      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I cleaned it up oiled it, and put a fresh set of Elixer's on it. they were only 9's. It had 11's on it, and TBH, I think they felt better on this guitar and I noticed 1 good buzz on the 2nd fret A string(B) that wasn't there with the old strings, but I'll get a set of 11's back on there when these get shitty and go from there. Other than that it plays pretty damn good. I don't really see me getting used to the LP shape though,, Warriors(V's + stars too) are the only real comfortable shape for me anymore. I'm not really diggin Strat type bodies too much these days either.

Anyway,,
        Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
        Ahh, I've seen worse deals. When you find out what GFS pups are in that please post my friend. Later.
        I looked when I cleaned it, and the only markings on the bottom are GFS stamped into the plate, so :dunno:your guess is as good as mine

I threw on the recorder real quick and recorded this little clip with the Epi with its GFS P'ups on one side and the Mirror warrior with the BKP C-pig on the other they do sound different in their own way, but both sound good. no bass though....maybe later see if you can tell which side is which.

http://soundcloud.com/moshwitz/epi-test

Will I jerk out my BKP and install these.....NO.

Will I pick these up when I can't afford the BKP's......Hell yeah

Whatever model these are they sound pretty good to me, They seemed to have more Girth with the the thicker strings before,,and at like 35-40 bucks....... shit yeah.

MOSHON
        DAVE
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
          Holy crap - There's profit margin in forging a $400.00 guitar??
          I'm with ya. brother.

As far as the AxeFx stuff goes, I think it's awesome. When I finished that LP Studio I did a video series on, I went to Pete's house and did all of the sound samples through his AxeFx. Sounded great to me.

Sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
          X