NGD first Epi LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD first Epi LP

So I'm crusin Craig's list where I got a few local ads up, and I check my mail, and have a hit on this guy wanting My 1978 Carvin cab that pretty much looks like it just came out of the showroom..and even has the stock speakers, and IIRC I kinda remember them being in serial # order too( don't quote me though)..
    and he is offering me this 2008 Epi Les Paul Custom,,and I'm like,,not really interested, what else do you have? (cause I've never really been a LP kinda guy) so he offers me some Pedals and stuff,, which I don't need due to my Axe-fx.

I'm not really diggin it so I throw out a different cab for the hell of it, and we're haggling back and forth by email, and I'm still cruzin the ads and I see one pop up,, and it is His.

He put in the ad that he is looking for Tube heads. Bamn,, I remember that in the closet I have a B52 At100 that's been in there quite awhile,,cause once again Axe-FX,,do not need,,,anyway a guy who REALLY wanted a guitar I was selling and was 50 bucks short, was like look,, "I'll give you THIS with the cash."..And I'm all.....Ummm, :think:well suuuurrrrre,,Yeah, we can totally do that

So,, I hit him back again real quick, and mention I just seen his ad and offer up the the B52, and he is like Hell yeah, and I come home with an Epi LP Custom with case, for like.... nothing

It has a couple little dings/dents, but none through the clear and I need to get the little nut that holds the pick guard on to the bracket. It has very recently had the frets leveled and crowned(by someone in Nashville,,,good job too) he did replace the stock tuners with Grover Locking tuners, you can see the orig. tuner screw holes but..ehh:dunno:.

The stock P'ups were replaced with some model of GFS Pickup( I'll look at them when I clean it and re-string it) and the Bridge actually sound really fucking good,, like really close to my BKP warpig I have in my Mirror Warrior, surprised the shit out of me. Anyway I snapped a few pics real quick.

Now I gotta start cleaning oiling, and restringing woo hoo.

MOSHON
    DAVE
    Last edited by MOSHWITZ; 06-23-2012, 11:49 PM.
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Nice. I like the block inlays better than the trapezoid. Good color too. Don't see many that color. Most are a burst. Looks killer without the pickgaurd.
    Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
    LTD EC401VF
    Gibby Les Paul
    Ibanez RG220D O Natural
    Fender Parts Caster
    Oranger Tiny Terror Head
    2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
    TU2 Tuner
    Dunlop Cantrell Wah
    Fulltone 70's Fuzz
    Fulltone Distortion Pro1
    Fulltone Mosfet 2
    Fulltone OCD OD
    Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

Very nice. So an AxeFX can replace a tube amp? It sounds that good?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisf View Post
        Have you listened to any of Mosh's stuff in the players section? He gets some pretty killer tones - and his playing is pretty good too!!!

Comment

Moshy, I hate to tell you, but its a fake Epi. The big EE on the S/N(should be same size as rest of S/N) and the crooked knobs(centers of knobs should run parallel to the neck) are a dead give away. Straycat can surely back me up on this, but heres the thread from MLP that gives you the run down on how to tell.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/epip...thread-ii.html

Im sure its a fine guitar, but its not really and Epi.
          Last edited by Twitch; 06-24-2012, 10:22 AM.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Heres how the reall S/N should look, bold and same size throughout.

Comment

Btw, fake or not, its a damn good looking guitar, and if it plays and sounds good, fuck what name is on it or who made it.

Comment

Thanks for the link twitchy. Yeah I can see some of that, but,,,,,ehh,,for what I got in it:dunno:

looking at the pics I can see the draw the line through the knob thing, and the logo looks a bit low but the diamond by the line/washer thing looks good. I lose screws all the time so the truss rod screw thing is ..meh,,, its not the orig Pick guard, kid said he lost it and the selector switch ring and he put the Grover locking tuners on himself, aint no wonder they are not strait. even put the first one on the wrong side before figuring it was upside down look at the extra hole next to the Low E tuner,,,

Oh well,, even if it is,,,other than the couple little dings, I cant find any build flaws, of finishing sloppyness, etc. It sounds great, plays well and the action(as it sits now) isn't too bad,,I'm gonna tweak it though

the frets are in great shape and dont have that cheep feel, fretboard can use some oil though

But, like I said I really don't have anything in it much. I took the amp on $50, and wouldn't be able to sell it for more than 150 here at best,,so,,meh,,I'm not disappointed either way, and at least I got a nice hardshell SKB case with it

MOSHON
                DAVE
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

It replaced my Engl Savage 120

BTW,, Thanks John

MOSHON
                  DAVE

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ View Post

It replaced my Engl Savage 120

BTW,, Thanks John

MOSHON
                    DAVE
                    Dang... I've been looking to go tube amp... Maybe I should reconsider. What all does your rig contain? Just checked out you music... Sounds great but only found three recordings... Got more?

Comment

Ahh, I've seen worse deals. When you find out what GFS pups are in that please post my friend. Later.
                      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Dang... I've been looking to go tube amp... Maybe I should reconsider. What all does your rig contain? Just checked out you music... Sounds great but only found three recordings... Got more?

Well I have a few more and a couple vids around here in the MP3 section,,I might post another one I'm working on later

but I have a bunch of little tone testing type stuff here..
                        .http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=977728&content=music,,,

mind you some of these are from around when I first got my Ultra,,I think I have a handle on tweaking it for whatever I need it to do at this point,,

but the tone I have in the tune Old School in the MP3 section, is my current go to tone,,but that is just 1 amp out of like around 80. the axe-fx is so full there are endless things you can do with it.

Anybody who tells that it cant possibly sound as good as a tube amp should pull their head out of their ass as I can get the same tones live as I do recording( I don't do much to the guitar in post), can move just as much air, and have gone toe to toe with a few tube rigs and have only received great compliments and have NEVER been dis'ed about my tone. one guy even sold his triple Recto then went and bought an Ultra that I programed for him.

As far as my live rig goes, it's just the Ultra+ Carvin DCM1000 power amp, into one of my various 4x12's for me, and direct to the board for monitor and mains.

As for recording..

MOSHON
                        DAVE

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                          Btw, fake or not, its a damn good looking guitar, and if it plays and sounds good, fuck what name is on it or who made it.
                          I have to agree. I have a fake Gibson Les Paul that I was, and still am, surprised and quite happy with. Feels, plays, and sounds great. Good thing about it is, if something bad happens, we're not out the cost of the real deal.
                          In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

[QUOTE=Twitch;1516155]Moshy, I hate to tell you, but its a fake Epi.QUOTE]

Holy crap - There's profit margin in forging a $400.00 guitar?? You definitey got to give it to that Kathy Lee Gifford army of slave laborers. They can squeeze profit out of anything.

Comment

[QUOTE=ulijdavid;1516206]
                              Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                              Moshy, I hate to tell you, but its a fake Epi.QUOTE]

Holy crap - There's profit margin in forging a $400.00 guitar?? You definitey got to give it to that Kathy Lee Gifford army of slave laborers. They can squeeze profit out of anything.
                              I found it odd too, but theyre out there by the 1000s.

Comment

Working...
                              X