NGD! - Ibanez Saber -I believe..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisf View Post
    I think the 570 has the same neck but not sure... The catalogs I linked to will tell you for sure. I have never seen one this old for sale in such good shape. It looks brand new.
    T
    Thanks, its in pretty good condition. There are some bumps here in there but it sure is RED. I don't think bridge/wammy was used very much....its very, very stable....Hence why I'm not about to abuse it as I do the rest of my gits
    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Man dude. I think I like the yellow better then the RED lol. That is one bright, sweet guitar man. It looks mint. I would buy that from you anywhere, anytime.
      Do you still have the tremstop in it?

Nice axe dude...

Comment

sure do!!! i think i have an extra one that i bought years ago in the parts box. i will check when i get home later. let me know if you want to buy it.

here is a pic of it with my new 25th anniversary S:

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

If you have one I will almost certainly buy it. It’s not that I want to use it I much prefer the floating trem deal but I think for resale sake, it was kind of a key feature like it or not. Don’t ya think? Kinda bummed mine is missing. Anyways yeah, let me know….
          I remember seeing your post a while back with those gits. That green is fukin MINT. I would love an ibby in that color. It would be my first pick. How is the feel compared to the 87? Are those the orginal volume/tone nobs?

The only thing I’m not sure I like is the bridge they put on that green beast. I have played them and didn’t like it at all. I didn’t play it for long, maybe it would grow on me.
          Last edited by dvscool; 04-16-2012, 01:10 PM.

Comment

the back-stop doesn't work all that great anyway. the newer ZR system works way better, surprisingly. yeah, i think the back-stop was a major feature though. not too many of the guitars seem to still have them for some reason...maybe because they don't work all that great. i never really use the trem on the yellow guitar - i usually just do pull-ups with a locking trem, but i got tired of replacing the nylon bushings on the trem arm so now it is too wiggly in the hole. i have a ton of the bushings, i just hate changing them.

the feel of the green one is totally different. the neck is thicker, as is the body. the tone is darker, though i attribute that to the pickups more than anything. i have used it on several recording sessions already and i like it. i have not gigged it yet, the band is on hiatus while our drummer does a small tour with his death metal band.

as far as the bridge on the green one? i actually like it. i have used it for bigsby-style chord wavers and it stays totally in tune - even with the top locks open. it goes back to pitch like it is supposed to when dive bombed...all-in-all i like it. i didn't think i was going to because i like(d) the edge so much, but i may have to say i prefer his new ZR better than the edge....

i will look for that back-stop when i get home.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

"but i may have to say i prefer his new ZR better than the edge...."

Dude, thats a BOLD statement!! Very interesting....

I would hate to NOT buy an ibanez just because it had the ZR on it. I'll have to keep that in mind when browsing. I haven't used anything better then the EDGE. Not even OFR's. To me, nothing compares to an EDGE. Although, since I'm on the topic - I recently bought a JS-100 (very cheap) and of course the bridge sucked ass (lo pro II). So, I ordered a Gotoh and sent it out to my luthier. I should have it back this week. Looking forward to it, those Gotoh's are supposed to be the shit. I've been known to be pretty nasty with my floyds. Hope it stands up like the EDGEs do.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for one of those new sabers. I really love the look of that green bastard. I want rip on one for a bit. Are they MIJ?

Comment

it is a bold statement. i say that because, mostly, my use of a floyd has changed as i have gotten older. i like the ZR because it gives me a nice, stable trem usage. i have yet to abuse the crap out of it - mostly because i don't really get how to adjust the system yet. i like the factory set up, but it doesn't allow for pull ups.

i hear good things about the gotoh bridge as well, though my all time fav is the german OFR. it'll flicker nicely, dive and pull up....

sadly, the 25th series guitars are made in indonesia. given that, it feel like a quality guitar and the price was good - $650.00 new. truthfully, i have no issue where my guitars are made as long as they feel and play good. the 25th is both of those.
                GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

i can't seem to find my extra back stop...i know i have one, it's just not in the parts bins. here is one on ebay for a decent price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ibanez-backs...item2c6494e2a5
                  GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Nice score those are great guitars.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                      i can't seem to find my extra back stop...i know i have one, it's just not in the parts bins. here is one on ebay for a decent price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ibanez-backs...item2c6494e2a5
                      Thanks man – That’s considerably more than I expected. I’ll have to mull over how important it is. I’m sure they won't get cheaper over time mind you….hmm…

I’m leery about where guitars are made. It’s not so much that I think they are junk if they are made in Indonesia (for example). I just feel like its hit and miss. A few months back I ordered a PG FRM100. The next day I got cold feet and canceled the order. It was going to be like 1200 bucks (with taxes n shit). For a guitar made in China? That seems VERY steep to me.

In this case, that kinda makes me happy it was made in Indonesia and you paid 650$. I should be able to get one for under 5 used. My wife is going to kill me shortly no doubt.

I’m actually going to pick up ANOTHER fukin git tonight. It’s an RGT 42 DX – Another trade. Assuming it looks ok that is. Not high end I know but I have some plans for it. The color was different, kind of a metallic brown sorta thing…we’ll see….

I think the Gotoh’s are made in Germany as well.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                        Nice score those are great guitars.
                        Thanks man I'm very happy to have it...so stoked

Comment

Pretty sure Gotoh's are made in Japan or China now. Gotoh is a Japanese company
                          It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
                            Pretty sure Gotoh's are made in Japan or China now. Gotoh is a Japanese company
                            Yep, I stand corrected. I think they are made in Japan too. I swore it was Germany at one time....

Comment

schaller is germany...never heard of gotoh being german...learn something new everyday...lol...the red saber is nice...i own a 92 450s in burgundy with an original chrome edge on it...love it but quite different feeling from my rgs...d.m.
                              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by diablomozart View Post
                                schaller is germany...never heard of gotoh being german...learn something new everyday...lol...the red saber is nice...i own a 92 450s in burgundy with an original chrome edge on it...love it but quite different feeling from my rgs...d.m.
                                You know what? Maybe I don't know what the fuk I'm talking about Gotoh, doesn't it at least sound German?

Comment

Working...
                                X