No announcement yet.

New instrument Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's it, I'm hitting the pawn shops HARD this week!

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
      The last Jem 777 i had cost me close to 3k . There was a cheap 777SK in my area, but it had the telltale sun bleach wear on the body. It was terrible. He wanted 1200$. Couldn't justify that kind of money for a guitar that would need a refin. You're still lucky. I can't wait to have my first REAL deal. Everyone seems to have a story. MY buddy got an old lightning graphic pre-esp USA Kramer, some guys find some nice USA jacksons for under 500. The cheapest thing i ever got that i thought was a deal was my 89 RG550. It plays fantastic, is in near mint condition and got in the original molded case for about 500$ shiped. But at the time, everything was cheap. Anyways its a good one fo sho
      So the Kramer was refinned?

there was no such thing as a lightning Graphic Kramer (stock) until the Nightswan, which was built by ESP

Awesome score on the PG though!
      Out Of Ideas

Comment

Whatevs, its a sick guitar. And hell yeah its a nice axe. So you'd say no to a Pacer for 250$ ? It was painted by Dan Lawrence in the late 80's. Not the lightning style from the nightswan but more like those of Jacksons and Bc richs

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
          Jesus, that's a score and no mistake. In fact, getting this for anything like $300 (less?) seems like some sort of rape to me.
          I do some pretty good deals but all the idiots who have great guitars and no idea seem to evade me.
          I might could have gotten it even cheaper.... the guy sold it with a crate 2x12 amp that he thought was the great part of the deal. He said he bought the amp 2 years ago for $450. I have no need for another amp, and crates don't thrill me... I almost had him selling them separate, but then a friend of mine at work mentioned he needed an amp, so bought them both for $500 and sold the amp the other day for $225, so the final price of the Ibanez was $275. Yeah, I ALMOST feel bad for the guy. almost. But I hit CL everyday and have had 3 good deals escape me over the past couple of months,... a DK2M for $200 that the guy evidently sold because he stopped answering my emails, an early 90's RG550 for $300 that the guy sold the day I was supposed to go get, and an SL1 for $700 that I drove to Nashville to get but the douchebag stood me up at the meeting place, wouldn't answer his phone, etc. So I ALMOST feel bad, but not too much
          For the aid of the sarcastically challenged, smartass comments will now be denoted in orange. Thank you for your support.

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
            Whatevs, its a sick guitar. And hell yeah its a nice axe. So you'd say no to a Pacer for 250$ ? It was painted by Dan Lawrence in the late 80's. Not the lightning style from the nightswan but more like those of Jacksons and Bc richs
            I don't mean that its bad, I was just thinking that was odd, but you cleared it up.

The Nightswan Lightning looks like shit anyways
            Out Of Ideas

Comment

Yeah it does.. when he told me about it I was sure it was that Vivian Campbell one, but nah he has a nicer one. I know it's weird, but i find that they are nice guitars to stumble upon in a pawnshop amidst the endless sea on Ibanez gio, Squiers, cheaper peavey guitars, epiphone les paul specials and a ton of garbage acoustics hehe

Comment

Working...
              X