New instrument Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New instrument Day

Couldnt pass this up. Guy on CL that had no idea what he had, just listed as ibanez and amp for sale. I asked for a model, he gives me the serial and says that's all he knows. Then he sends me the pics. He says he got it from his guitar teacher 10 years ago and is giving up playing, never stuck with it. The case latches are broken, and has 2 very minor dings, paint has yellowed with age, and I need to clean up the fretboard
    Also I guess I need to pull the pups and see what is in it, doesn't appear to be stock. Plays incredible and absolutely screams.
    Final price after selling the amp - less than $300 for a 1992 PGM300

Last edited by dustin1969; 12-08-2010, 12:21 PM.
    For the aid of the sarcastically challenged, smartass comments will now be denoted in orange. Thank you for your support.

Sweet!

Comment

You are one lucky dude! Congratz!!!
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

WOW! Not crazy about the F-hole thing but LOVE that config! Great score!!

Comment

Wow. That's a score and a half.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Nice score; wrong forum
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Nice score; wrong forum
              yeah, after 10 hours of trying to get my network back up and running I sleepily posted this at like 3 A.M. from my phone. Didn't think it would be right to double post it again in the right section, so I left it.
              For the aid of the sarcastically challenged, smartass comments will now be denoted in orange. Thank you for your support.

Comment

Bonus! while cleaning it up I pulled the pups, the bridge is a Tone Zone. Not a bad sounding pickup for metal. After attempting to clean the fretboard and changing the strings to 9's, this guitar is a very solid shred-machine! The wizard neck ain't for everyone, but it's nice and smooth for my so-called playing style. However, I'd still rate it a 7 or 8 behind my SL2H. Makes me appreciate the Jackson even more!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Nice score; wrong forum
                  Lol...

Comment

Thanks for moving this. just call me a dumbass

Comment

Always liked those!

Comment

Yeah didn't those come stocks with Tone Zones? I know Paul plays them almost exclusively or did for a while, who knows what he's on now with all these weird ass guitars he's been getting from Ibanez. I think he just wants to prove to the world that he's so awesome he can play on anything lol . That is a serious nice find. I am so jealous you have no idea dude .

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
                          Yeah didn't those come stocks with Tone Zones? I know Paul plays them almost exclusively or did for a while, who knows what he's on now with all these weird ass guitars he's been getting from Ibanez. I think he just wants to prove to the world that he's so awesome he can play on anything lol . That is a serious nice find. I am so jealous you have no idea dude .
                          yeah, I STILL can't believe I found this. I kept expecting the guy to email me saying someone offered him more, but I moved fast and the guy just didn't seem to care what it was. Anyway, they came originally with PAF Pro's in the neck and bridge. This one the neck pup has been replaced with a V1,.. couldn't find a ton of info on that one, seems to be a stock humbucker for some of the lines. Sounds good to me. Now if I can only find a JEM 777DY for cheap .....

Comment

The last Jem 777 i had cost me close to 3k . There was a cheap 777SK in my area, but it had the telltale sun bleach wear on the body. It was terrible. He wanted 1200$. Couldn't justify that kind of money for a guitar that would need a refin. You're still lucky. I can't wait to have my first REAL deal. Everyone seems to have a story. MY buddy got an old lightning graphic pre-esp USA Kramer, some guys find some nice USA jacksons for under 500. The cheapest thing i ever got that i thought was a deal was my 89 RG550. It plays fantastic, is in near mint condition and got in the original molded case for about 500$ shiped. But at the time, everything was cheap. Anyways its a good one fo sho

Comment

Jesus, that's a score and no mistake. In fact, getting this for anything like $300 (less?) seems like some sort of rape to me.
                              I do some pretty good deals but all the idiots who have great guitars and no idea seem to evade me.
                              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Working...
                              X