Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I may trade a Soloist (no, I'm not a traitor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People always cry when they get their feelings hurt. You get whiney when i diss Gibsons poor manufacturing abilities and their stupid new models. Anything you say is invalid and pointless because this guitar exists LOL....

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
      People always cry when they get their feelings hurt. You get whiney when i diss Gibsons poor manufacturing abilities and their stupid new models. Anything you say is invalid and pointless because this guitar exists LOL....

where's the golf-clap when you need it?

Well played!

I've tried to like Gibsons, I really did, for the price they HAVE to be good.

Unfortunately, that is not always the case. I also don't know what shape people were in the 1950s,but whatever shape that is is not around now. Notice how other companies do carves in the body to fit the human shape? Gibson should start investing in that line instead of some bullshit "swiss cheese" chambering technique, the guitar will be lighter, and it will fit better! Double win!
      Out Of Ideas

Comment

Hey, come on guys, to be fair if Gibson built a decent guitar for the price they are charging then... Well I don't know what would happen, because they've never done that before.

Comment

After I got my mild touch of SG Fever a week ago, I tried out the SG Standard and then came home and played my Soloists. There's really no comparison. So now I'm looking at an SLSMG.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

+1

also...ahem

MSRP: $33,059

Starting price of a Mustang GT...

• $29.645
            • Starting MSRP1

I'll take the car please haha

Comment

I can't believe you guys are trashing a company that would make THIS.

Comment

OMG WORLDWIDE RUN OF ONLY 300!

There's gotta be 300 little girls who want that, right?

PowerTube I was going to yell at you if you took $650 for a graphic Soloist without at least putting it up for sale here.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                  OMG WORLDWIDE RUN OF ONLY 300!
                  Yep, and when all is said and done, there will probably be 295 available.

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                  PowerTube I was going to yell at you if you took $650 for a graphic Soloist without at least putting it up for sale here.
                  No doubt. This guitar is in "like new" condition and should bring at least a grand.

Comment

295 Les Paul Juniors... That would make a hell of a bonfire.

Comment

I love Lesters man, I really do, nothing sounds like them. But... Their not the fastest guitars and if you use a whammy bar.. You'll miss it.

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                      As I mentioned in the other thread, I've been getting SG fever in a major way lately. I went to Guitar Center this evening to try out the Standard and the '61 Reissue. I can see why everyone loves the '61; the feel is awesome. However, I like the pups better in the Standard plus it's $800.00 cheaper and the neck is similar or the same.

I have three USA Soloists, one of which is an SL1 in Black Ghost Flames. They had offered me $650.00 against a used Rhoads recently and I walked. But.... I'm thinking about trading it in. I also have an Ibanez Artcore which they offered $200.00 on recently. So if I can swing $850.00 between them, it'll be within the range I'm willing to spend at the moment.

I wouldn't normally even dream of trading a Jackson against a Gibson, but this is my least played USA.

Insights?
                      http://www.youtube.com/6StringMoFo

Comment

Working...
                      X