Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I second the BC Rich sentiment ...
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Picture001.jpg
    Last edited by heartfielder; 09-28-2010, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
      I no longer own it but it was an absolute joy. Its actually dark grey but can look anything from gun metal to black depending on lighting.
      When I bought it I put a custom wound Bare Knuckle Warpig in the bridge and a custom wound Bare Knuckle Sinner in the neck. Both around 24k.
      It was ridiculous. It would bring down low flying aircraft with feedback and probably deadly radiation.

I would like it back but the guitar I got as part of the trade is also very close to my heart, so no biggie.

Anyway, Horizons of any era are top notch but those old Jackson headstocks looked the business.
      I will be after another at some point. With more... suitable pick up choices.
      Pfft, It's a bloody ESP, how is the Warpig not suitable! It's supposed to take down flying aircraft!

(Maybe the feedback was due to the 23k pickup and your full stack? :idea
      I like EL34s.

Comment

Just call him Shawn Muttz
        Fuck this thread is awesome. The Lutz mutts are amazing to behold. I gel with every single one of them. And the Robin's, I've gotta get one. And those bc richs...

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
          Pfft, It's a bloody ESP, how is the Warpig not suitable! It's supposed to take down flying aircraft!

(Maybe the feedback was due to the 23k pickup and your full stack? :idea

Actually the Warpig was great and mostly behaved itself (what a sick thick tone) but the Sinner squealed like a stuck pig if I went within a mile of any amp. A 24k single coil (neck) is a bit silly though. I was in the mood to try something daft so I did.

The story goes: I sold my KV2 to a guy. A year or so later I buy this Horizon, then I decided to buy the custom Bare Knuckles for it.
          I love the Horizon but around the same time missed my KV2 and I'm about to go on tour and want it back to play on stage.
          So I call the guy I sold it too and ask if he wants to sell it back to me.
          He says he would think about it and so I give him a list of guitars I would trade and the Horizon was on there. He likes, and thus the Horizon + Bare Knuckles and stock pups + a little cash and I get the KV2 back.

Ideally I would have liked to have kept the Horizon (but overjoyed to be reunited with my KV2) and if I get an older one again I'm going to put a BKP Painkiller / DiMarzio Blue Velvet in there. I reckon that would sound absolutely killer.
          All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
            Actually the Warpig was great and mostly behaved itself (what a sick thick tone) but the Sinner squealed like a stuck pig if I went within a mile of any amp. A 24k single coil (neck) is a bit silly though. I was in the mood to try something daft so I did.

The story goes: I sold my KV2 to a guy. A year or so later I buy this Horizon, then I decided to buy the custom Bare Knuckles for it.
            I love the Horizon but around the same time missed my KV2 and I'm about to go on tour and want it back to play on stage.
            So I call the guy I sold it too and ask if he wants to sell it back to me.
            He says he would think about it and so I give him a list of guitars I would trade and the Horizon was on there. He likes, and thus the Horizon + Bare Knuckles and stock pups + a little cash and I get the KV2 back.

Ideally I would have liked to have kept the Horizon (but overjoyed to be reunited with my KV2) and if I get an older one again I'm going to put a BKP Painkiller / DiMarzio Blue Velvet in there. I reckon that would sound absolutely killer.
            The BKP Irish Tours are wonderful single coils too, And I have heard good things about the Trilogy suites.
            I like EL34s.

Comment

They are from what I've heard but, god damn, that Blue Velvet takes some beating.

Comment

This one is awesome

Comment

Ibanez J Custom RG9570 neck through:

Ibanez J Custom RG-8670TV

Ibanez Jem7VWH and Tom Anderson Hollow Strat (3 P90 sized hums)

Ibanez Jem7VWH, Jackson SL1, Hamer Californian

Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Ibanez RG-550, Ibanez RG-750DX, Ibanez RG-770

Ibanez ProLine PL2550 neck through (in front)

Ibanez Universe UV777PBK

Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Now that's just showing off.

The RG8670TV is stunning, as is the JCRG2.

Comment

How come no one has invented the Super-Rickenbacher yet?
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Here's what I've got. An 89' model Westone:

and a VERY early 80's ESP.

Comment

a wayne, musikraft, mutt, model6, wayne, soloist, schecter, jacko strat & dinky.
                            i added a candy red pro mod & a early Kahlered ST-3 since that pic.

heres one from a few yrs back, still had a bunch of ST-3's. I really need another few of them....

Comment

since I'm a bassplayer by trade, my non-jackson guitar collection is a joke, but since this thread is here, here's my few. I saw that Vester and just had to post my cheap non-jackson copies as well....

my lefty series10 by Bently:

my 2 righty series 10's:

all plywood, all playable, but certainly nothing special....lol
                              http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Working...
                              X