Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doberman Guitars....DAMN RIGHT!

Sup?

I have had a couple of guys ask me about my sick ass custom 7 string V John had made me,,,and I went looking for the thread I made way back when and couldn't find it( I'm chalking it up to the Board Gremlins, as I know sometimes things get lost with software changes and whatnot),,,,anyway, so I thought I would just start another one and show off this exquisite piece of shredding art made by our very own

ulijdavid

First off let me grab my quote from the cherry burst thread....
    Originally posted by MOSHWITZ View Post

Let me tell you..Beyond all the modesty,,My man John right here does some of the slickest, well built, Fuckin-A, Top shelf custom builds around......PERIOD!

I have had MANNNNNNNY,,,Custom, One-Of's,,and collectors pieces over the years and John's work strait up kicks their dick in the dirt, not to mention the man is an absolute pleasure to deal with and has an attentive eye for detail. If you need it built,, there is no doubt John can make it happen.

My 7 string Doberman V has been my #1axe for quite awhile now. it absolutely Slays every 7 I have ever owned including the 7 string Jackson Death warrior I used to own.

MOSHON
    DAVE
    And I stand by that statement 1,000,000,000 moshing percent.

This has been my main axe for just over a year, and is by far the best guitar in my stable. Everything I have got in that time gets directly compared to this to determine if I am even going to keep it or bother playing it much, I have about 4 guitars I need to sell cause I dont even touch them. Hell I have a brand new Rusty Cooley RC7x that is awesome in its own right for a shredder that just sits there unused cause if I'm reaching for an axe(and not only just the 7's) THIS,,,, is the axe I grab.

What else can I say?
    The man makes bitching fuckin guitars..DAMN RIGHT

I have shitloads of build pics but I'd fill up 4 or 5 pages worth of thread posting them so here are some to chew on and if anyone wants to see more sure,,,, let me know.

OK first the specs

7 String round horn V...
    25.5 scale
    Cobalt Blue stained body W/matching headstock

Black Limba Body
    Flamed Maple top( body and headstock)
    Black Limba with Purpleheart center stripe for extra strength due to thin (adjusted wizard spec.) profile and scallops

Gotoh tuners 4+3 placement
    Double acting truss rod
    Fully Scalloped Ebony extended fretboard

( Whole tone spaced after the 27th fret ,,,,ALA Uli J. Roth)

Flame Maple neck binding
    Stone ,, Web and Spider Inlays
    Special requested "BITE MARK" in the Headstock

The biggest fukkin guitar frets you can buy from dunlop
    Chrome OFR-7
    Purpleheart Ring inlay around the Floyd Rout

1 EMG 81-7 wired at 18 volts\

( now a Bare knuckle Ceramic Warpig)
    1 Vol. knob (way out of the way)
    Special requested heel shape

Oversize strap buttons
    Stained Flame maple Cavity covers
    Machine screws and inserts for all screws

No Truss Rod cover
    Special request Jack placement
    Custom molded case

"It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

"It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Comment

Holy shit, Dave, that's awesome! Congrats on that beauty.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yep, GREAT stuff for sure.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Wow the neck on that looks like it's thin enough to slice a steak.

Rock it in anger and love for many years. ( And give us new axe-fx sound clips too damnit! )
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Wow, just wow.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Jesus Christ what a guitar!!!! Congrats man!
                Ashique M. Fahim
                Instrumental Rock Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter

www.facebook.com/iamfahim
                www.myspace.com/amfahim
                www.reverbnation.com/ashiquemfahim
                www.youtube.com/kalapoka666

Comment

That inlay work looks amazing!!
                  Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I have a V he made for me last summer - not a word of exaggeration in the whole post. The guy owns!

Comment

Wow, work of art.
                      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
                        Wow, work of art.
                        Indeed it is.
                        Great stuff Dave.
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

well done...beautiful color and nice inlay work...major congrats and rock on
                          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Sup?
                            Thanks for all the comps guys,, this axe truly kicks all kinds of ass and is my favorite. John was extremely accommodating and patient as I can be pretty adamant and anal about fine details and really wanted certain things certain ways and was very helpful with different options and suggestions we could use to help bring this thing to life.
                            It was Top Shelf all the way

MOSHON
                            DAVE

Comment

That is killer

Comment

Working...
                              X