No announcement yet.

Value of a Gibson Flying V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love that block 79 V! When I'm in my 40's I'm also gonna have one of those

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
      wow................ what the hell............. a few years back, I found a 1984 Gibson Flying V in a store. I have a friend that is WAY into them. So I called his wife to see if she wanted to buy it for him for christmas as it was early december. so she had already bought for him, but she called his parents and they were looking for a gift. so I lined up the deal. $350 plus $20 shipping. yes, this beast was legit. perfect shape too. had the original bridge, plus the stud post style Kahler trem it came with as well. original case. I thought $350 was a great deal, but by the prices you guys are talkin holy shit! anyway, I had it shipped to me, and I cleaned it up, restrung it, and got it all spolished up and brought it to his house on christmas eve with a note from his folks.
      Why haven't I got any friends like you? My "friends" are the kind of cunts who like to fart in your lunchbox.
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I have one of the white 1981 V's. From what I understand, not many were made that had fretboard binding. For some reason collectors like them. In good shape and original, $2,500 seems to be what they get.

Hard to tell from the pic if that one has binding or not.

Mine is in great shape, but I stupidly did some mods to it when it was new. That hurts the value I guess, but I am not selling it so....They are great players though. Fat low frets that I love. Narrow at the nut and a rounded neck shape.

You cannot compare these to what those other '84 or '85 V's are going for. They are not the same guitars. Those '84 V's and Explorers were $425 with a case back then.

Here's a pic or 2 of mine.

Last edited by StukaJU87; 04-03-2010, 08:06 PM.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X