NGD Ugly Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonP View Post
    I think the good tone is from the BB3 in the bridge. Is it coil tapped as well?
    You should take a listen to the P90 in the Neck. Man, that is by far my faorite tone on this guitar.
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

As far as the "Looks" go...I would change the wooden knobs...but other than that...they look cool in a "Earthy" way...

I did play two of them and in both cases they played like crap...Felt like I picked up some cheap neglected pawn shop guitar. It was probably just in need of a set up, I'm sure...But why did they put the pup selector down by the volume/tone???

Thats the best thing about the LP...The pup selector placement!!!!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by etaeniura View Post
        The gibson site had a demo video of these when they came out, and it sounded awesome. They weren't real pricey either, under a grand IIRC. Thewre was a red, a gold and a black if memory serves. I think they are pretty cool if like things that are just a little different than the usual LP look.
        I went & played the Gary Moore model yesterday. I believe the finish is called Lemon Burst. I like it. The wooden knobs have been replaced with with gold tophats(?). The guitar felt pretty good, although the raw wood of the neck feels rough compared to an oiled Jackson neck. I think I'd like to buy it - if it wasn't $2799. Wish we could get them for under a grand over here
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Tim, if you are going to only own one guitar with a p90 in it, is this it considering the price/value?

Comment

You could paint it white and do sortofa Buckethead replica!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by L View Post
              Tim, if you are going to only own one guitar with a p90 in it, is this it considering the price/value?
              It certainly would be a good choice. Nothing quite beats a Goldtop R4 though - then again that would cost you substantially more money.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I liked the BFG series that Gibson released.
                I just wasn't crazy about the colors.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  I always thought that BFG stood for Barely Finished Guitar! They seem to get pretty good reviews from the people that own them, though. With a clear coat, I'm sure it would look much better.
                  I thought it stood for BIG FOOKIN' Gitttaaaa!

Comment

Looks good to me. I'd put the trim back around the bridge pu, and the wooden volume & tone controls would hafta go. Other than that the top is unique, no inlays makes it stand out, never saw one with the pu switch in that spot. Is it a studio? You selling it? If so, how much? i like the finish on the hardware, is it just tarnished or is that supposed to be black chrome or what? nice axe.

Comment

Working...
                    X