NGD Ugly Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Ugly Les Paul

I picked this up a couple weeks ago. It's definitely kind of ugly but it's light and it plays and sounds great.

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

BFG = Butt Fucking uGly. But as long as it floats your boat....

I think the good tone is from the BB3 in the bridge. Is it coil tapped as well?

Comment

Wow, she's quite the looker Glad it sounds great!
      Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Interesting pickup layout with a P90 in the neck.

The finish is wierd. It's kind of like that 3d finish that ibanez was using on their singlecut model. Like faux leather alligator skin or something.

Lets call it "Stabbed poo lit on fire."
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          Interesting pickup layout with a P90 in the neck.

The finish is wierd. It's kind of like that 3d finish that ibanez was using on their singlecut model. Like faux leather alligator skin or something.

Lets call it "Stabbed poo lit on fire."
          Actually, it's a pretty nice flametop! It just has the stain coat on it without any gloss or anything.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            BFG = Butt Fucking uGly.
            I always thought that BFG stood for Barely Finished Guitar! They seem to get pretty good reviews from the people that own them, though. With a clear coat, I'm sure it would look much better.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like the pickup combo - they should do a regular Standard with that combo.

Comment

I'm torn about whether I like these or not. It seems to depend on my mood on a given day. They have a sunburst one at a local store which they've advertised as the Gary Moore model. Has anyone seen GM playing a BFG?
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I think that guitar looks different and it's kinda cool. But I don't like that P90 in the neck either..
                  Check my bands!
                  www.myspace.com/magicktr
                  www.myspace.com/sinif64
                  www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Well, here's a way to get over the P90 in the neck.

Just tell yourself it's a Hum-Single layout. Plenty of strats have this, why not an LP?

As for me and my mental issues, if a Les Paul doesn't look like it came out of BOTB, I have a hard time trying to like it

Comment

I actually LIKE the P90 in the neck. The finish is godawful, but the pickup layout and the no inlays is very cool IMO.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I actually like it for some reason. I'd lose the wood knobs though.

Comment

Don't let the looks fool you. Those guitars play really nice and sound great. I would prefer they had a smooth top at least, but hey, the trade off is cool to me. Nice Grab Tim!
                          "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

I'd play one. Not exactly pretty, but cool anyway.
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

The gibson site had a demo video of these when they came out, and it sounded awesome. They weren't real pricey either, under a grand IIRC. Thewre was a red, a gold and a black if memory serves. I think they are pretty cool if like things that are just a little different than the usual LP look.

Comment

Working...
                              X