No announcement yet.

Alternative to GMW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look for local guitar repair shops who might be able/willing to put together a Warmoth build for you. You can have Warmoth do the finish, and the local shop could do the assembly and fret dressing etc. You should still be able to come in well under $1500 unless you go crazy with the specs.

Comment

This one is very "Learn" like... pretty cool airbrush. Shit these guys are
      within 10 miles of me! Gonna have to do a "Tour"...

http://www.atomicguitarworks.com/plu...Type=4&bgStyle=

http://www.atomicguitarworks.com/Atomic_Custom.php

Comment

Originally posted by MikeE View Post
        . Carvin necks are too thin for me but outside of that they look awesome and the prices are unreal.

When was the last time you tried a Carvin?

For a few years now Carvin hasn't been doing the thin D shape.

Current neck shape is a medium C.
        But not Gibby baseball fat C.

My '94 DC400 and my '09 ST300.
        400/300

The '94 has the D shape.
        The '09 the C shape.

Very noticable difference.

More pics of the '09 ST300

4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

Carvin necks are too thin for me but outside of that they look awesome and the prices are unreal.
          The carvin I have, the neck is thicker then both my Jacksons and Charvels.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
            Of course if some 80's knucklehead had that stupid ass graphic on their guitar you'd all be drooling over it.
            Not really.
            All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

I kinda like that guitar, in a weird way, looks like b-grade version of Alejandro Jodorowsky's acid infested film theme
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

no I really like it
                the execution is not really good but the idea is fucking awesome... surrealism for the win, it's about time for some originality in guitar graphics... fokin tired of all the stupid gay-ass skulls and shit
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

That graphic is bizarre, but I'm not going to ridicule it. My theory is that it's a deceased wife, girlfriend, mom or sister, and maybe the dogs are deceased pets. I've seen some pretty unfortunate tattoos along the same lines. It's more about the owner's feelings than whether it's good art, imo.

Comment

k65h, that's one of my favorite Carvins ever, and I generally don't like the ST shape. Awesome axe.
                    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                      k65h, that's one of my favorite Carvins ever, and I generally don't like the ST shape. Awesome axe.

Thanks, Sinistas!
                      4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
                      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

No problem - it's a classy guitar.
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

That carvin quilt is fucking beautiful!!
                          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                            That graphic is bizarre, but I'm not going to ridicule it. My theory is that it's a deceased wife, girlfriend, mom or sister, and maybe the dogs are deceased pets. I've seen some pretty unfortunate tattoos along the same lines. It's more about the owner's feelings than whether it's good art, imo.
                            I kinda came to the same conclusion and I agree with you but I was in a merciless piss taking mood at the time. If somebody wants to have their guitar painted with their Hindhu Cattle goddess in the shade of Mount Dogsmore, who am I to argue?
                            All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                              Guy I knew back in the day had his guitar and the phrase "Liven to play" tattooed on his arm.

Yeah, "liven."

Make sure your tattoo artist can spell, folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X