Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets talk about those 7 string twangers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been thinking about getting a 7 string as well... which string manufacturers make 7 string packs?

- Leo.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Chang View Post
      I've been thinking about getting a 7 string as well... which string manufacturers make 7 string packs?

- Leo.
      D'Addario does. They carry 10-54 and 10-59 at my local shop. I would go for 10-59 because a .054 low B is way too floppy. I'm making my own set next. I'm going with a set of 10-52s and a .064 for the low B. Though that's because I'm tuning to Eb.

My guitar teacher said Ernie Ball does too but I've never used them.
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

The ernie ball .11 set is great, still feels taught at 1 step down and i really prefer tight strings - 10's standard tuning feels about right to me, to give you something to go off, and these aren't too floppy feeling to me, and not too fat on the low end so it feels like a bass or anything.

Give em a shot - convenient rather than mix and matching - but sometimes that's necessary to get the perfect feel for you.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...ngs?sku=100641

Comment

God, this one looks awesome... anyone planing to get that?

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...-Explorer.aspx
          SACRILEGE

Guitars: Jackson King V, Jackson Kelly, Jackson DXMG, Jackson DK2M, Squier Stratocaster MIJ '85 and B.C Rich Whitelock
          Amps: Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, Marshall Valvestate 8100 and Peavey Windsor halfstacks.

Comment

HO-LEE SHIIITE!!!! I MUST HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!
            Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Working...
            X