Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets talk about those 7 string twangers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm ordering the green 27" scale this week.. this is ridiculously priced! I liked the feel of the schecter 7 strings at the music store but these are so pretty even though I wanted to avoid the tremolo.. I'll just have to block it.
    "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Originally posted by ToneZone View Post
      I got a GAS overkill and bought an Agile 7-string guitar.
      I hope it plays well!!

Here's the shot from the webpage. What do you think?

Hey I almost bought that exact one too. Im still deciding that or the black. Let us know how it plays.

Comment

Congrats Tonezone! I hope you like it. The 27" scale is great.

Two things to bare in mind: if you don't like it, you'll off-load it quickly in the free classifieds on sevenstring.org if you don't want to go to flea-bay; if it has any blems, be sure to contact Kurt at Rondo. He's known to be a stand-up guy.

Originally posted by ekalb09 View Post
        I'm ordering the green 27" scale this week.. this is ridiculously priced! I liked the feel of the schecter 7 strings at the music store but these are so pretty even though I wanted to avoid the tremolo.. I'll just have to block it.
        The Interceptor has a floyd, the Septor does not. I think the next batch of 7s are due in January. There'll probably be some trans. green tribal (i.e. quilt) Septors then. Heck, they've also done trans. purple quilt.

Now is probably not a good time to point out that they have a "custom shop" that opens briefly a few times a year. It's a pick & choose custom shop, but nearly every combination you can imagine is available. 7-string Les Paul anyone?

Comment

Hey you got the last blue one. Its off the site already.
          Hey Ken do you know if the custom shop models are any higher quality or just any option?

Comment

I'm not good enough with 6 to justify adding another string.
            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

The 90's called, they want their 7-strings back
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                The 90's called, they want their 7-strings back
                The 80's called, they want their Jacksons back.
                ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Originally posted by matt crooks View Post
                  the 80's called, they want their jacksons back. :d

'08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                  '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                  '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                  '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                  '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                  '13 Gibson M-III
                  Taylor 214CE
                  Dean 6-string Bass
                  Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A View Post
                    Hey Ken do you know if the custom shop models are any higher quality or just any option?
                    I haven't played one of their custom guitars, but from what people have posted elsewhere, it sounds more like custom specs than custom shop; in the sense that I haven't heard anyone say that the custom ordered guitars were more special in terms of how they play, but I haven't heard anyone complain either.

The custom order form is only up for a brief period of time around when they're taking orders, so I can't post a link, but the variety of options is huge. They're still built in Korea by the folks that make the other instruments that they sell.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                      I haven't played one of their custom guitars, but from what people have posted elsewhere, it sounds more like custom specs than custom shop; in the sense that I haven't heard anyone say that the custom ordered guitars were more special in terms of how they play, but I haven't heard anyone complain either.

The custom order form is only up for a brief period of time around when they're taking orders, so I can't post a link, but the variety of options is huge. They're still built in Korea by the folks that make the other instruments that they sell.
                      Are we talking Agile CS Guitars? How often does this happen?
                      '13 Gibson M-III
                      Taylor 214CE
                      Dean 6-string Bass
                      Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Are we talking Agile CS Guitars? How often does this happen?
                        Yep, Rondo opens up an Agile CS 2-4 times a year (there or there abouts).

Comment

That's sweet. Are there preset choices or can you go really custom? I need another guitar equipped with Piezo.
                          '13 Gibson M-III
                          Taylor 214CE
                          Dean 6-string Bass
                          Morgan Ukulele

Comment

You sound like youre uneasy about buying one. Dont just get one becuase you want to be differant get a guitar that you are confortable with playing and that you personally actually want and have use for.
                            "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                            Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Also Rico Jr. has some $900 Vixen hybrids (6 strings) and some handmade bolt -ons (7 strings) for around $1700-1800. His quality is stellar.
                              http://store.ricojrguitars.com/news.php#hybrids

I currently have a Jekyll custom 7 string being built after I fell in love with a 6 string version I bought earlier.

Comment

That's sweet. Are there preset choices or can you go really custom? I need another guitar equipped with Piezo.
                                The custom shop form is like a massive pick 'n' mix list (and I do mean massive). You'll see for yourself when it comes around next. People have certainly had guitars made with options that weren't on the list, by asking Kurt about it and him checking with the Korean factory that makes the guitars; sometimes they say yes, sometimes no.

Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post
                                I currently have a Jekyll custom 7 string being built after I fell in love with a 6 string version I bought earlier.
                                That's cool that you're getting a Rico Jr. I'll look forwards to seeing it.

How did you find the custom ordering process, as it's not described at all on his website (other than ask a dealer) and what are the turn around times?

I've got terrible GAS for one of those bolt-ons, but the neck joint looks pretty clunky.

Comment

Working...
                                X