Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets talk about those 7 string twangers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea heres another more shreddy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL3X0...eature=related

Comment

dam shred now im gassin for 1 .thanks for posting .

Comment

Anyone on THIS forum that has tried one and wants to tell me how the Agile play?
        '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
        '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
        '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
        '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
        '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
        '13 Gibson M-III
        Taylor 214CE
        Dean 6-string Bass
        Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Dude I am completely GASing for one now. I don't really like the way 7 strings look for the most part. I adore strats lately..Fucking Yngwie man.

The thing that sucks, is if I don't like the Agile and want to sell it, i'd probably be taking a pretty big hit for it. That may sound fucked up but I'm not necessarily in a super comfortable point where I can afford to loose a few hundo on a guitar.
          Originally posted by horns666
          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
            Searching here will find a bunch of threads with Agiles. There are plenty of threads on ss.org about both their 7s & 8s, but there's a dedicated forum that you should look at:

http://www.agileguitarforum.com/

Basically, some of the guitars have QC problems, but they an excellent attitude to customer care, so that shouldn't put you off. Here's a snap of my 8 string intrepid:

QC Problems? What is that?

How does your guitar play? Do you get low action on it? and how thick is the neck?
            '13 Gibson M-III
            Taylor 214CE
            Dean 6-string Bass
            Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Originally posted by ToneZone View Post
              QC Problems? What is that? How does your guitar play? Do you get low action on it? and how thick is the neck?
              It's an Intrepid Pro (Pro = neck through, Standard = bolt on), 8 string 28 5/8" scale, single EMG 808. It was a guitar specced by the sevenstring.org community, including the body and headstock design.

There were no QC problems on mine or any of the second batch. The first batch had some scratched bridges and insufficient adjustment for intonation if you tuned really, really low, but that's been corrected. They're now on to their 3rd or 4th batch of Intrepids.

It came set-up with super-low action without any fret buzz. As low as my soloist and KV2. Lower than I can get on my Model 6.

The neck is a good shape for an 8. As the fret-board is so wide, it has to be a shallow curve; it has an Ibanez like profile, but is about as deep as a soloist profile.

It's a good guitar and awesome for the price. I'm not claiming it has the same mojo as my more expensive guitars; it doesn't. However, it's definitely a $1000 guitar, but for $600-700. I'd happily buy another guitar from them, even though the returns policy is non-existant for those of us outside the US.

One thing to bare in mind about Rondo is that the guitars are built in batches and the specs regularly change. Normally in response to customer demand. Lots of people wanted passives as well as a neck pickup on the Pro, so that's an option now. USA Kahlers appear sometimes too, as does an ibanez-like headstock and different scales.

http://www.rondomusic.com/8StringGuitars.html

Here are a couple more pics of mine. It's a big guitar. I'll take a photo beside a soloist and try and get a snap of the neck profile for you.

Comment

It's night here, so only crappy pics. Should give you an idea of the size and the neck depth.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                  It's night here, so only crappy pics. Should give you an idea of the size and the neck depth.

Thanks a bunch! I just sold one of my guitars, a Fender VG Strat. I considering buying a Agile 7-string guitar and a standard stratocaster to replace it.
                  '13 Gibson M-III
                  Taylor 214CE
                  Dean 6-string Bass
                  Morgan Ukulele

Comment

http://www.rondomusic.com/intercepto...rigreenmn.html

This things is SICK!
                    "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Originally posted by ekalb09 View Post
                      I love the finish, but I prefer a 25.5" scale.
                      '13 Gibson M-III
                      Taylor 214CE
                      Dean 6-string Bass
                      Morgan Ukulele

Comment

What's the normal scale of a seven string anyways? most of em on here seem to be 27" which is.. baritone?

Comment

Originally posted by ekalb09 View Post
                          What's the normal scale of a seven string anyways? most of em on here seem to be 27" which is.. baritone?
                          Usually is 25.5" (Ibanez, EB Music Man, Carvin and Jackson are). Schecter uses 26.5". Scale seems to vary a lot for sevens. Some people like longer scales so the low B is tighter but I find the 25.5" scale of my Ibanez to be just fine. Just use a heavier (Like 0.059 or heavier) gauge string. I use .060 and so does my guitar teacher for his Petrucci 7 string.
                          Last edited by Ben...; 10-04-2009, 01:12 AM.
                          "Dear Dr. Bill,
                          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

That green one is really tempting but I'm scared my fingers might be too small for a 27 incher (Yes, I meant it exactly like that).

Comment

Rondo make 25.5" versions of their 7s (called 725 rather than 727). Their stock comes and goes in batches, with new arrivals every few months.

I have two 7s, one has a 25.5" scale and the other is 27". The difference in scale length is, IMO, not so great that it makes a big difference to playing, apart from in the higher registers where I find the increased separation makes it easier. The jump to the 28 5/8" scale is a different story. It does feel a lot longer.

Comment

I got a GAS overkill and bought an Agile 7-string guitar.
                                I hope it plays well!!

Here's the shot from the webpage. What do you think?

'13 Gibson M-III
                                Taylor 214CE
                                Dean 6-string Bass
                                Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Working...
                                X