No announcement yet.

Whats your opinion on Stone finishes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was my Granite Soloist...... http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/jac...pics/j5229.jpg
    I ended up selling it as I found that (I assume) the finish seemed to make the guitar sound really dark with very little top end dynamics. I changed the Invader for a Full Shred to brighten the sound up a little but I still was not happy with the tone (playability was awesome, along with the looks). So, I ended up selling it.

Steve

Comment

A while ago i painted a parts mutt (modded ps2 body) with the krylon "make it stone" spray paint, and it's not bad, except the funk/dirt from my pinky gets accumulated in the texture and there's no easy way to clean it off

Pics to come when i fix my damn camera.....
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

The granite finish is what we lovingly refer to as "Mother of Countertop"

Thunderhead: That gutar looks like it's finished with stucco, or hut mud.
        There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONWOLF View Post
          This was my Granite Soloist...... http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/jac...pics/j5229.jpg
          I ended up selling it as I found that (I assume) the finish seemed to make the guitar sound really dark with very little top end dynamics. I changed the Invader for a Full Shred to brighten the sound up a little but I still was not happy with the tone (playability was awesome, along with the looks). So, I ended up selling it.

Steve
          That's the Quake model, or whatever the hell they called it, model I was referring to on the USA models. The imports didn't have the "cracks" running through it.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hmm, I wonder why the hand tag said "granite" instead of "quake".
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

For the paint pros here, any idea how Jackson did the textured Stone finish to where it is nice and smooth and not that stucco like finish as shown from Thunderheads picture? Still one of my favorite finishes ever. I have the DR5 in Stone I bought from lhrocker here, and a Stealth EX in Stone. Almost had a RR EX in Stone but got outbid, and I heard there are Kelly XL's in Stone but have yet to see one myself.

Comment

No idea what process they used.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                X