Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone writing to FMIC about bad policies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=pro-fusion;983250]I don't know about that. The two markets are so dissimilar. IIRC, the idea behind this acquisition by FMIC was that J/C would fill a niche that Fender has never adequately understood or served. Jackson and Fender aren't really 'competing' brands. This would be more like Microsoft buying Adobe in order to have Photoshop and Pagemaker.

I wont argue that, I am just speculating on my part regarding FMIC killing off J/C some of the senoir employees were offered better positions in FMIC as to quel any dissention within the ranks of the J/C line being killed off or absorbed completly(As in Custom orders only and being now made by and with Fender guitars in the assembly process). On top of that most pre Fender employees were layed off and replaced by new unskilled laborers thats why all the poor QC issues like toothpick drill jobs and crooked routes.

Comment

Well QC issue is called QC issue because it's up to a number of inspections not to let production faults go further down the pipline and eventually out of factory gates. And considering that in general recent J/C are of decent quality it is not something that could not be fixed with a bit of more attention from QC.
      Because I don't say it
      Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
        I wont argue that, I am just speculating on my part regarding FMIC killing off J/C some of the senoir employees were offered better positions in FMIC as to quel any dissention within the ranks of the J/C line being killed off or absorbed completly(As in Custom orders only and being now made by and with Fender guitars in the assembly process). On top of that most pre Fender employees were layed off and replaced by new unskilled laborers thats why all the poor QC issues like toothpick drill jobs and crooked routes.
        That might well be.

In all honesty, I haven't personally played any post-Fender Jackson that had any QC issues, but that extends only to USA Selects that occasionally show up at Guitar Center. I certainly don't have the scratch to order a CS with the new price policies. Kinda sucks, too, because my current financial status is decent enough that my GAS would have gotten the better of me under the old policies. But since I'm mostly interested in 7-strings with at least a few unusual features, the upcharges now would kill any chance for me, even beyond the basic high price.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbophos View Post
          Well QC issue is called QC issue because it's up to a number of inspections not to let production faults go further down the pipline and eventually out of factory gates. And considering that in general recent J/C are of decent quality it is not something that could not be fixed with a bit of more attention from QC.
          I will disagree with this statement, I know of a dealer that has had alot of problems with over half his CS orders and small batch runs. I cant speak for him but it is up there, I a guessing 50%+ of all J/Cs ordered in the last couple years had issues not sure about the USA selects or imports.

Me personally my CS Charvel came with a warped neck, the one in my avatar. My Sub Camo Charvel is nice but the trem is mounted slightly crooked but does not effect playability so I will let it go. As for my Pre Fender CS and selects all are A+++++++.

Comment

I have a CS Charvel on order and received some advanced pics a while back. I was just told that they found an issue with the body and are making a new one. This was something they found and not me or a dealer. QC is working, maybe not all the time but it isn't like they are saying 'screw it, lets ship this to see if we can get away with it either.'
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I recently emailed FMIC about a Charvel San Dimas Series I bought new. It came with a gap between the base of the neck and the neckpocket about an inch long. The relpy only took 2 days and I was told that this sounds like a build /warrenty issue and pending the confirmation by a warrenty center they would repair or replace it. I am taking it to a warrenty center later in the week. Upon talking over the phone with a warrenty tech, he informed me that
              the charvel necks are angled and he has seen several that had the same gap.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                I will disagree with this statement, I know of a dealer that has had alot of problems with over half his CS orders and small batch runs. I cant speak for him but it is up there, I a guessing 50%+ of all J/Cs ordered in the last couple years had issues not sure about the USA selects or imports.

Me personally my CS Charvel came with a warped neck, the one in my avatar. My Sub Camo Charvel is nice but the trem is mounted slightly crooked but does not effect playability so I will let it go. As for my Pre Fender CS and selects all are A+++++++.
                Obvious result of production rush and the lack of QC. Even very skilled bulder will do some fuck-ups if pushed to work faster and faster. Also not letting the neck enough time to settle on stringed guitar just to look how it is going to behave raises its chances to warp after being shipped too. J/C CS is overloaded. Shit, it takes them weeks and weeks just to proceed your qoute.
                Because I don't say it
                Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                  Yeah, that bothered me a bit, also. Though, to be fair, the doctors and investment bankers that would buy $10,000 customs could also make an appointment at these showrooms together with their dealers, so they could all have a nice corksniffing experience together. I have to question how much this will benefit Jackson.
                  I'm a newbie to the forum and I have been waiting for a CS PC1 guitar for almost 2 years!!

That being said....This week I had a chance to play Custom Shop Gibsons courtesy of the Gibson truck that literally drives around the country.It parks in front of store locations and you just walk in a try all the gear out and it is awesome. They had every high end signature model from Wylde to Slash to Perry Les Pauls.

IMO....I think the idea of being able to play all of these CS Jacksons prior to waiting 2 years for them to complete your order is a great marketing idea.

Alex

Comment

I hear a lot of people complaining about escalating prices of USA Jackson guitars. I went over to ebay to check prices on Fender and Gibsons USA custom shop guitars, and it looks like they’re asking about 4000$ or 5000$ just for standardized models. (someone correct me if I’m wrong) That’s about double the price of a custom shop made USA select series guitar. Could it be that the CEO’s at FMIC feel like the prices of Jackson guitars are way too low, and they intend to bring these prices up to par with their Fender and Gibson USA counterparts? Maybe they don’t do anything about these long waits and quality control issues because they think we’re getting our moneys worth.

Some people think FMIC is going to price Jackson USA into bankruptcy. That might be, but doesn’t FMIC hold the copyrights either way? Couldn’t they consolidate their custom shops and continue making Jacksons and all their other brands in one shop, and make them as fast a they could sell them at five grand each. They don’t care who can or can’t afford them. Someone must be buying them, and FMIC would be glad to sell you an import if that’s all you could afford. All they care about is profit.

I don’t know what FMIC is thinking or what the future will be. That’s why I’ve phrased my statements as questions. I’m mostly wondering what others think about these possibilities. Don’t be hatin’.
                    Last edited by excon; 09-21-2007, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deflep View Post
                      IMO....I think the idea of being able to play all of these CS Jacksons prior to waiting 2 years for them to complete your order is a great marketing idea.
                      The Gibson idea is pretty cool, and I agree with you. Problem with FMIC's version is that you have to be some kind of rock star or "high roller" to get into one of their CS showrooms. That right there makes me not want to buy any FMIC product.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                        The Gibson idea is pretty cool, and I agree with you. Problem with FMIC's version is that you have to be some kind of rock star or "high roller" to get into one of their CS showrooms. That right there makes me not want to buy any FMIC product.
                        +1

Hit the nail on the head.

Look at Gibsons idea mobile moving showroom that anyone can go into. Low overhead cost and open to anyone.

FMIC's version is lets wine and dine the rich sucker before we give it to him with no lube but they have to be rich and a sucker not everyone can get screwed.

Comment

Right, because Gibson's guitar prices are sooooo much more reasonable than the FMIC brands.

Not to mention that Gibson's policies won't even let their freakin' dealers post pictures or prices of their in-stock guitars on the internet.
                          Last edited by shreddermon; 09-21-2007, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                            Right, because Gibson's guitar prices are sooooo much more reasonable than the FMIC brands.

Not to mention that Gibson's policies won't even let their freakin' dealers post pictures or prices of their in-stock guitars on the internet.
                            Oh, I'm not pointing to Gibson as an example of virtue.

But their mobile showroom makes more sense than the Fender High Rollers Club. I wonder if they hand out fancy cigars and cognac while you try out that Stratocaster?

Comment

Dudes: I think the deal is these guys are corporate a-holes that in the end DO NOT UNDERSTAND where their bread and butter comes from.

They know how to cut costs it seems but thats about it. Seems in order to make more profit they are going after the high end market because of all the baby boomers.

In the end it may hurt them but it may take a while to sink in - or maybe people eventually will get voted off the board of directors or get fired.

Its attitudes like this that caused Ibanez and ESP to kick ass in the marketplace.

However you gotta wonder sometimes - seems like there are a lot of high end builders more than ever - so maybe appealing to the baby boomers could be the trend to make the $$$.
                              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Guys, I would like to hear the issues and help address them as best I can. Please feel free to email me at [email protected].

Thanks... Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X