Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone writing to FMIC about bad policies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone writing to FMIC about bad policies?

I am very curious since alot of my friends and others have not spent money on a new custom shop Charvel or Jackson because of either high prices or stupid newly instituted policies IE. artist similar models. Also QC issues and custom shop screwing up orders.

Has anyone been writing letters, making phone calls or E-mailing their unhappiness with the new policies? I know alot of dealers were voicing their disappointmnent with FMIC.

I would like to communicate my displeasure but since its such a big corporation I dont know where to send a E-mail or letter to without it being thrown away. Can anyone recommend a person or address to contact so at least my opinion would be noted?

In the present I am voting with my wallet and not buying anything new.

If I ever want something to be looked at I will send certified mail to a President or CEO. Just make sure it is constructive and not just whining.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

A company that produces a product will put up with some complaints and shine them on as long as the item sells. Once the complaints are widespread and buyers talk with their wallets, they may do something. Maybe.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
        A company that produces a product will put up with some complaints and shine them on as long as the item sells. Once the complaints are widespread and buyers talk with their wallets, they may do something. Maybe.
        That sounds like a pretty realistic assessment. As long as the money is comming in they're not likely to change anything. At least the custom shop has been known to fix it's mistakes. I'd think the the worst part is the wait. By the time you recieve your guitar, your situation and the reason you bought the guitar could have changed.
        Last edited by excon; 09-17-2007, 05:40 PM.

Comment

JCMI
          8860 E. Chaparral Road
          Suite 100
          Scottsdale, AZ 85250
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That and 99 cents will produce 58 cents of wasted time.:ROTF: Ron will get that.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Not to sound pesimistic, but they will wipe their ass with it.
              I have done it the past and got a a smart ass response that amounted to this is the way it is, it has been working for a long time and if you don't like it go somewhere else. Fuck off.

I thought it was rude and unappreciative, my letter was written is a constructive tone from a long time customer. A customer that only wants the best to happen out of the company and I meanthat sincerely.
              I have a thick skin and understand that the letter was written by some administrative schmuck and not replied back to me by the CEO, President or other official as it was intended to reach. I moved on and still enjoy my hand picked product.
              I am not going to let a glorified Sam Ash/GC salesman ruin my fun.
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Well, in contrast to the above, I previously wrote some complaints and received a positive response. I wrote it in a constructive tone, but didn't exactly hold anything back, either. They indicated that they were trying to work on some of the issues I was unhappy with and - more importantly - they took action to help remedy my immediate situation.

For the past few months, there's been a new crew running the J/C custom shop. And they have a different - more positive IMHO - attitude than before. I'm sure we won't get everything we'd like to see happen and it will almost certainly take longer than we'd like, but it seems like there's a genuine effort to move in the right direction. I hope they succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                  Not to sound pesimistic, but they will wipe their ass with it.
                  I have done it the past and got a a smart ass response that amounted to this is the way it is, it has been working for a long time and if you don't like it go somewhere else. Fuck off.

I thought it was rude and unappreciative, my letter was written is a constructive tone from a long time customer. A customer that only wants the best to happen out of the company and I meanthat sincerely.
                  I have a thick skin and understand that the letter was written by some administrative schmuck and not replied back to me by the CEO, President or other official as it was intended to reach. I moved on and still enjoy my hand picked product.
                  I am not going to let a glorified Sam Ash/GC salesman ruin my fun.

That sucks. Remember who it was? If it was initials "DW" - don't worry, I kicked his ass at NAMM (and got pics!) :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    JCMI
                    8860 E. Chaparral Road
                    Suite 100
                    Scottsdale, AZ 85250
                    I have that contact info I was maybe hoping for an actual important person in the food chain that I could write the first and last name on the envelope above JCMI.

I do want to write a constructive letter and I was going to even throw in some pretty pictures of previous CS orders to get their attention. You know to show them I am not just some kid that bought an import one time five years ago thats wasting their time.

It seams like most of us are not buying into the new crap they are marketing so I hope by NAMM we will see a price decrease or policy change.

Comment

AK47, try

Brian McDonald

Comment

Will do, thanks Ron.

Comment

What about getting a pettition about this matter from all of the JCF? I would love to sign my name to it. I have been thinking about another Custom shop piece, but at roughly double the price I paid last time-no F'N way. I think as a group of long time players (and buyers) we should have someone there that would listen to us.
                          H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

A little birdie just gave me another name.

This dude took over for Tim Wilson at Corona:

Chris Flemming
                            C/J
                            Fender Musical Instruments Corp
                            311 Cessna Circle
                            Corona, CA 92880-2521

Comment

Yeah, Chris Flemming seems to be the guy in charge, or at least he can make the calls at J/C. Not sure where Eldred fits in, but from all I've heard from different people, it'd be a waste of energy contacting him anyway.
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                              X