IS THIS AN RR3 Or WHAT ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straycat View Post
    Don't take me wrong Nikolaji I didn't meant to disrepect in my post I was just relaying how things work out in the world.I think you have a great guitar and if you upgrade the pickups it will be even better.I'm sorry if my post seemed harsh it was not meant to be that way.Welcome to the JCF glad you are here.
    Man, first of all thank you for your kindness ; I appreciate comments , suggestions , ''relatively bad'' comments but saying that adding a volume (then ''DRILLING A HOLE'') makes my guitar worth 150 euros ,well ...

It wasn't referred to you,absolutely ! At what kind of pickups are you thinking of ?

thanks

Comment

Pickups are very much a matter of personal taste. EMGs are high quality pickups, and if you like their sound, there is no reason to replace them. Some people don't like the EMG sound, and prefer Seymour Duncans or DiMarzios.

Passive pickups have a sound that reminds me of 80's metal - it sounds a little bluesier, or more "rock'n'roll" if you will. I think active EMGs have a sound that caters more to more modern hi-gain sounds. On the other hand, you have guys like David Gilmour using them...so, it's all about what YOU like.

I used to put EMGs into everything, but my tastes in sounds have changed, and now I just keep one guitar with EMGs. My favourite guitar/pickup combo right now, is a Charvel Model 6 with a Jackson J80C pickup. With my cheap Marshall rig, it sounds very much like Motley Crüe, off "Shout at the Devil". Awesome 80's sound!

Comment

With this rx10d and my mesa f50 I can obtain something a lot similar to ''death'' sound , especially like ''human'' ; Also very close ,without the contour, to black sabbath's sound (so '79/ '80) .

Yeah, maybe EMG aren't too much customizable but , if you have patience and if you play with the tones of the ampli , you can obtain different kinds of tones ; that's what I've made and I' m pretty satisfied with this combo.

BTW , seeking for the real features of your guitar ,it's always interesting .
        Maybe with an RR1 I could have arrived at ''death's '' ''the sound of perseverance '' tones .. That's what I'm seeking for

Comment

EMGs are great pickups and a very good choice.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Welcome Nikolaji!

OK #1 Do not listen to kelly user. He usually does not know what the hell he is talking about!

#2 RX10Ds are pretty cool because of the rear loading, usually that is a feature only found on custom Rhoads.

#3 Your guitar was made in Japan in 2003.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Welcome Nikolaji!

OK #1 Do not listen to kelly user. He usually does not know what the hell he is talking about!

#2 RX10Ds are pretty cool because of the rear loading, usually that is a feature only found on custom Rhoads.

#3 Your guitar was made in Japan in 2003.
              hmmmmm..... i seem to be on your hot list lately ron.
              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Not enough newbies to pick on.

Comment

Working...
                X