Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS THIS AN RR3 Or WHAT ??

Hi all

I have bought 6 years ago an RR3 JACKSON ( or at least that was my intention.. ) and I paid 600 euros with the EMG pickups.

Now, a little summaty of the general features of the main 3 models right now :
    JS30RR------------------------------RX10D-----------------------------RR3
    24 jumbo frets ----------------------Bolt-On Maple Neck----------------Sharkfin inlays
    Jackson CVR2 humbuckers ----------Die-Cast Jackson Tuners ------------25-1/2" scale
    Tune-o-matic bridge ----------------FINGERBOARD Rosewood Fretboard --22 jumbo frets
    String-thru body--------------------22 Jumbo Frets ---------------------1-11/16" nut width
    Controls: Volume,Volume 3-Way ---Controls: Volume, 3-Way -------------Floyd Rose-licensed double-locking tremolo
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------Volume, volume, tone, three-way
    MINE
    -22 jumbo frets
    -Sharkfin inlays
    -Floyd rose licensed
    -Volume,Tone ,3-way
    -Bolt on

...The main question : is this and RR3 made in japan or WHAT ?? Excluding the possibility of the JS30RR due the 24 jumbo frets , it seems like a cross-breed between an RX10d and an RR3 , due volume controls and it's main features .. I should know just how it's done this double locking tremolo , in relationship with the floyd rose licensed tremolo of the RX10d..
    I need to say that I have bought active EMG 81/60 and a mesa-boogie F-50 (It sounds freakin amazing, also with my ''the heritage C-150CM'' )
    Can you help me? It's 3 days that I'm seeking for something similar, without success (also here, I saw all the different catalogues of jackson , here http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/CatalogScans.htm )

The serial number is 9692831 that, in theory, should mean ''bolt-on'' and made in japan (right??) . I know one guy that has an RR3 with this serial number : 9692114.

THIS ,COULD LET ME THINK OF THE FOLLOWING CONSIDERATIONS :
    1: or , the serial number is exclusively sequencial and doesn't involve class distinctions (So, an RX10d has the same SN of an RR3..)

2: or, the great likeness means the appurtenance to the same class , then the same model (In this case, my guitar , should be a REAL RR3)

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/resour...ialnumbers.php
    ''Other Note: In the spring of 1990, the four digit Jackson neck plate was
    reserved for custom instruments only. All production bolt on instruments
    were given the six-digit USA series neck plate.''

six numbers=USA Jackson Custom Shop Bolt On .. seven ?? I have tried to the main jackson site but there isn't any email ,seeking for some informations about these serial numbers (especially for the models made in japan after '96).

Thank you guys for your patience
    Last edited by Nikolaji; 06-30-2007, 09:32 AM.

I can tell you right away, that it is not an RR-3. An RR-3 has the jack on a strat plate in the upper wing. The RR-3 was only rear-routed for the first two years; 1996 and 1997 (according to the catalogues), and the hardware color and control layout of those don't match your guitar.

I think you have an RX10D that someone added a tone control to. The control layout matches the RX10D, except for one extra knob. The hardware matches. Am I correct to assume it came with "Duncan Designed" pickups? In that case, it smells RX10D from a mile away.

The 7-digit serial number with the leading 9 means it is made in Japan. Unfortunately there is nothing else you can read out of the serial - so yes, you are correct in your assumption that all japanese bolt-ons share the same number sequence.

Comment

It's an RX10D.
      Who ever added the EMG's, added the tone knob.
      Import serial numbers are not listed on Jackson's web site, so don't read anything into your serial based on what you see on their site.
      Post it here... there are a few guys here that can tell you when and where it was made.
      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
        It's an RX10D.
        Who ever added the EMG's, added the tone knob.
        Import serial numbers are not listed on Jackson's web site, so don't read anything into your serial based on what you see on their site.
        Post it here... there are a few guys here that can tell you when and where it was made.
        Thanks guys ; I' m a bit disappointed because I thought that it was an RR3 but ,as I' ve understood , RR3 isn't far good as the RX10D , right ?

RR3 has a new locking tremolo , the jack on a strat plate in the upper wing, as said by Sunbane, and the duncan designed pickups so, do you think that my guitar (with these pickups) is good enough as an RR3 (maybe with seymour duncan.. ) ?

What could be an honest price to sell this one ?

Notice that I spent 600euro for the guitar (btw the pickup value are 300 euro+100euro for the bag)

Comment

no matter what you add, it is still an RX10d, seeing as it has another hole drilled in it. you'd be lucky to get 250 euro
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

When you go to sell your guitar don't expect to get your entire investment back.Just because you paid 600 then 350 for pickups don't think well I've got 950 in it thats my selling price it doesn't work that way.
            Here in the states that guitar with no mods is worth $300.00 tops with aftermarket pickups $300.00 tops
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

So , could I expect at least 500 euros ?
              If it's 300 I won' t absolutely consider to sell it , just because it sounds good (I was thinking of buying an RR1 for 900/1000 euros)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolaji View Post
                So , could I expect at least 500 euros ?
                If it's 300 I won' t absolutely consider to sell it , just because it sounds good (I was thinking of buying an RR1 for 900/1000 euros)

maybe if i say it like this

YOUR GUITAR IS ONLY WORTH $300 DOLLARS IN THE STATES = 150 euros, according to straycat.
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I got 370 euros for my RX10D few weeks ago. But it had passive cheap pickups. Maybe like ~420 for yours? I suggest you put the stock pickups back in (if you still have them) and sell the EMGs separetely. IMO, you'll get much more that way.

and 300$ is 220 euros

Comment

meh, europe is useless i use the 2:1 ratio, ah but you are forgetting, some one has drilled a hole, so it is not stock.

Comment

''DRILLED A HOLE '' ? Man , adding a volume control don't make a guitar a piece of **** .. 150 euros for a japanese jackson with EMG, are you joking or not ? I remember to you that this isn't a SQUIER . It also has active pickups , not passive ones (in the case you need a lot of wood to have great sounds) .

Thank for the tips ,nazgul . Unfortunately I haven't them so I will need to sell all the stuff together.

Sunbane , what do you think of ? (I'm not new here, it's just the first time that i make a post ; I have read a lot of your comments and I need to say that you're really experienced so, I trust you )
                      Last edited by Nikolaji; 06-30-2007, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I think you could probably sell it for 400 euros.. here in the Netherlands at least, I don't know how it is in other places.
                        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Nikolaji: You have no reason to be disappointed that it's not an RR-3. Your RX10D was made in the same factory as the RR-3, and there are no noticable differences in quality.

Now, the RR-3 was upgraded in the summer of 2006, with a better trem and real Duncans - but prior to that, there were barely any quality differences to speak of. The RR-3 was a fancier model, but that's about it.

I'd say a used RX10D and a used RR-3 (pre 2006) would fetch around the same amount used as well. I agree with Afterforever, that in Europe, they often go for around 300-400 Euros.

The modifications may hamper resale price a little, but it matters more if it is well kept and in good condition. IMO.

Comment

I can assure that it sounds good , especially with these pickups and with my ampli.. That's why I don't know if I will sell it or not ; I wanted just to know it's origins and the things said before .

Thanks guys !
                            Last edited by Nikolaji; 06-30-2007, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Don't take me wrong Nikolaji I didn't meant to disrepect in my post I was just relaying how things work out in the world.I think you have a great guitar and if you upgrade the pickups it will be even better.I'm sorry if my post seemed harsh it was not meant to be that way.Welcome to the JCF glad you are here.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X