Don't you just wish J/C would....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
    I understand what you´re saying, but I have to disagree. One of the most major factors is the exchange rate, as long as the Euro stays strong we´ll be paying through the nose. Also a factor is the logistics involved, esp for warranty issues. And of course the cost of running a distribution hub that needs to be financially self sufficient to be a viable expense for the parent company.

Shipping from Japan to europe is essentially the same cost as jap -> USA, and the import taxes and duties aren´t excessively higher in most EU countries (though 2-3 % can still make a difference). The profit margin from Dealer cost (w/o VAT) to European List price is almost universally 1.6. That means divide the european MSRP by 1.6 and you have Dealer cost sans VAT, add on VAT and you have dealer cost. And 100€ on a 1000€ guitar (if purchased at Beyers. for example) isn´t exactly a huge profit

But what that all adds up to is that a european Dealer is actually paying more to purchase the guitar from Fender Europe than a US consumer will pay to purchase the instrument from a dealer such as MF that charges MAP

Well, you're not even talking about my point.

I know there are expenses. But the "real" price is the US price. It's all that simple. Logistics and taxes are "our" problem. It's not the value of the guitar.
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Don't you just wish J/C would....? -

Pick someones name from this board out of a hat and declare that person the newly endorsed high priest/priestess of Charvel or Jackson, or Charvel -Jackson, Jackson-Charvel, etc. etc. etc. with a full page add for the cover of the next issue of any big Guitar rag that's in print at the current time, and that person can bring one of his or her old ones or new ones, and stress that the guitar solo is not dead, it's just in hiding for the moment in many various places like work offices, in the basement, the beach, in the middle of a construction job, etc. and if we have our way, it will return, and in the right way,without overkill and 1 millionth per milli-nano second clutter notes, but with flash ,groove, and attitude!!!!!
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

sadly... groove and attitude aren't appriciated anymore in the world of guitar playing.... it's either wank wank wank or slop slop slop
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
          heck if i know...

they could do and add the DK2M neck to all of the pro line bolt ons. i know i'd seriously gas for a warrior with a maple neck
          Me also!! Warrior Preferably with just 1 hum and 24.75 scale neck Jack.

Comment

I'd Like to see a New version of the Model 2,with a 24 Fret Bolt on,AND a Wilkinson(Rules) Bridge with Locking tuners(Maybe Grovers??).and PLEASE not that goofy "Fender" headstock,go back to the Eye Poker!! As for a Post Single Hums not lasting long,ESP,Jackson and Ibanez have one out.
            Last edited by Dan; 06-28-2007, 11:07 PM.
            HIGHLY MODDED Peavey Ultra Plus 120
            Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
            (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
            Late 80's-early 90's Ibanez Tubescreamer
            Boss TU-2
            2005 Jackson SLSMG Soloist
            1986 Black Cherry Charvel Model 4
            1988 Blue Charvel Model 3DR

Comment

Working...
            X