Don't you just wish J/C would....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't you just wish J/C would....?

Alright, aside from the "prices are too high" and "QC is too low" debates, I got thinking about J/C's production guitars. Where specs might be improved, I mean.

I doubt they need suggestions from me on how to do that, but there are a few changes that I've always thought were "no brainers" to do for the USA Selects, etc. Small things that customers would love and don't cost a lot, if anything, but would immediately be perceived as an "improvement". (...And, no, I don't mean "do custom specs like reverse headstocks, different hardware colors, matching headstocks, Kahler trems" as standard, either. Different discussion, those are.) More simple stuff like...

- All string-through guitars should have locking tuners! Nearly every other major manufacturer does this. Especially the major "metal" competitors, like ESP, Schecter, etc. Heck, even Fender Strats have them, for cripesakes! And it's not like a Sperzel or Schaller locking tuner costs a lot more than the standard Gotoh.

- Offer Dimarzios on a couple of more models, OK? Would it kill ya if SL2H = Duncans and SL1 = Dimarzios? Or RR1s, maybe? A litle bit of diversity can be a good thing.

- Simplify the PC1's control layout. I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone say "cool guitar, but what's with all the knobs and switches?" Mind you, it doesn't bother me. But I'd love it if they ditched the tone knob, and collapsed the two mini-toggles to a single mini-3-way. So 3 knobs, 2 switches and a blade become just 2 knobs, 1 mini and a blade.

- While I'm at it on the PC-1, how about a non-sustainer version? Maybe a little cheaper (no expensive sustainer electronics) and with solid colors only? Otherwise, exactly the same.

- Heck, I also think the PC-1 should be re-labeled a Charvel. Sorry, Jackson, but IMHO that's what it has really been all along. A cool-looking, fancy-appointed Charvel Dinky strathead. (...That howling you hear in the background is the offended Charvel purists. The whining is the similarly-offended Jackson defenders. )

- Why can we get an SL1T, SL2T, RR1T, KV2T, but no KE2T anymore? (Yes, I'm excluding the WR1 - IMHO it's too much of an oddball. :P ) And, while I'm on this subject, the KV2T is the only one that has the wood correct. TOM guitars should be mahogany. Not alder/maple. And, yes, we'll pay KV2T prices for it. (P.S.- Don't forget the locking tuners. )

- No EMGs. Make the rat-bastard EMG-lovers install their own pickups. (...Just kidding! :ROTF: )

- Ditch the "mist and wipe" samples. Nice gesture, but I've already had two of the damn things explode and spooge in the case while in transit. Luckily, no harm no foul, so far. But it's only a matter of time.

- While I'm at it, ditch the non-form-fitting G&Gs on the Charvels. Great cases for local transit. Suck @ss for multi-state deliveries.

...Anything else?
    Last edited by shreddermon; 05-22-2007, 01:19 PM.

this is a pointless exercise dude.

the reason it's pointless is - - - the prices are too high and the quality is too low.

you seem to be about the only one here (besides the jillionaires) who is able to get past those two huge issues.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Leave the PC1 alone... OK... you could lose the tone knob and make it like the original version. Damn thing gets in the way of the pickup selector.

They tried a cheap/non-sustainer version... it was called a PC3.

Solid color PC1 without a sustainer.... they already have them... they're called Charvels.
      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
        this is a pointless exercise dude.

the reason it's pointless is - - - the prices are too high and the quality is too low.

you seem to be about the only one here (besides the jillionaires) who is able to get past those two huge issues.
        Or maybe you just seem to focus on only that. This is the umpteenth thread that you've added that sentiment to, where it has little or nothing to do with the thread's topic. But thanks for it yet again!

Comment

a lot of us whinged about many pro series imports not having binding, and look where that got us. ke3 and rr3 still have no binding. hey shredder - we are POST WHORES so we will always make posts of no value
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Now that I have a real job I'd love to buy a USA Jackson, perhaps even a custom shop, but the prices are just way too much for what you get. Until they solve that, I can't comment on other issues.
            Scott

Comment

Good point about the imports and binding. The new RR24 is very cool. But, IMHO, the black binding is not. It needs ivoroid binding standard.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                All string-through guitars should have locking tuners! Nearly every other major manufacturer does this. Especially the major "metal" competitors, like ESP, Schecter, etc. Heck, even Fender Strats have them, for cripesakes! And it's not like a Sperzel or Schaller locking tuner costs a lot more than the standard Gotoh.
                I agree. The Mark Morton signature model has Sperzels... though, it's technically not string-thru since it's got a stoptail, but close enough.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                  Or maybe you just seem to focus on only that. This is the umpteenth thread that you've added that sentiment to, where it has little or nothing to do with the thread's topic. But thanks for it yet again!
                  no problem. you can thank yourself also since you were the first one to bring these things up in your own post.

and like I'm the only one. :ROTF:
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I agree on the cleaner exploding in the case...

They need to replace the antiquated Original Floyd Rose with the Edge Pro. Yes I'm serious about this.

Bring back the SLATs and SLSs as select models.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post

He isn't the only one. I have had very few QC problems with my purchases and the one I did have was taken care of. The custom shop price increase may delay a few purchases but I still plan on buying Jackson/Charvels.

I don't really look at the USA Select line much anymore since graduating to custom shops.
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster2 View Post
                        I agree on the cleaner exploding in the case...

They need to replace the antiquated Original Floyd Rose with the Edge Pro. Yes I'm serious about this.

Bring back the SLATs and SLSs as select models.
                        blasphemy, i tell you..........
                        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

You won't believe me but today I woke up thinking about what Jackson should do

I was going to start a thread but you beat me to it...

The main thing I thought was Jackson needed a Les Paul style guitar like the ESpee Eclipse series.. Non-pointy headstock with emgs. That would sell a lot imo!
                          Check my bands!
                          www.myspace.com/magicktr
                          www.myspace.com/sinif64
                          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                            You won't believe me but today I woke up thinking about what Jackson should do

I was going to start a thread but you beat me to it...

The main thing I thought was Jackson needed a Les Paul style guitar like the ESpee Eclipse series.. Non-pointy headstock with emgs. That would sell a lot imo!
                            They had the JJ and the JJP - both are now discontinued.

Comment

My only problem with your PC-1 ideas... is that making it a "Charvel"
                              would add $1300.00 to the price, and i wound NOT own one then!
                              Do you think Charvel would price them at $2249.00 MAP?
                              'They would have them at $3800.00!
                              I agree that if its a Jackson "Custom Shop"...then open up the
                              shop to almost every crazy idea. Sustainer with one EMG, and
                              one Dimarzio Tone zone... 3 EMG 81's! Whatever.
                              Reverse Headstock with ANY locking tuners available from any
                              common manufacturer. I wish you were CEO of Fender! *(i would
                              get some great 5% above cost axes!)

Comment

Working...
                              X