No announcement yet.

Don't you just wish J/C would....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to hijack this thread but I hear Brian Setzer will be signing at the Floyd Rose booth at the July NAMM show.

Anyways, I figure if the Edge Pro works for Steve Vai, it would work for most guitarists, but if not I can compromise. How about Floyd Pros on USA Jacksons?

If they don't bring the SLAT or SLS back, then I vote for some other archtop model.

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster2 View Post
      As far as you OFR lovers, look at it this way, the Edge Pro is to the OFR what the OFR was to the Bigsby tail piece. The OFR has had a good run but it's time to relegate them to Gretsch guitars only. :P
      To that I'll just say: LOL. :ROTF:
      Please tell me in what way an Edge Pro is better than an OFR. And no, I don't consider "low profile" an improvement in itself - it's just different.

Now, if we'd be talking the Ibanez ZR trem, I would be more inclined to agree! I wouldn't mind having that on a Jackson!

Comment

edge pro blows monkey dick
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

+1. All the Ibanez trems suck, IMHO.

Comment

I knew you would all come around to my point of view on this matter.

Anyways perhaps some new finishes, solids, bursts, and graphics would be nice.

Comment

the floyd system might be 30 odd years old... but it is STILL THE leading locking trem, that has been virtually untouched for the last 30 years.

that said.. i prefer schallers, for their thicker baseplate. a touch different sound and trem feel

the edges.. apart of the original edge, they all suck donkey balls in terms of quality
              You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

This is funny. Honestly, I didn't know this when I made the above posts....

http://www.floydrose.com/firstbridge.html

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster2 View Post
                  This is funny. Honestly, I didn't know this when I made the above posts....

http://www.floydrose.com/firstbridge.html
                  That is actually funny as hell.

Comment

LOL... a Bigsby reffered as a Floyd Rose...
                    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I would like for them to allow for some minor modifications for a given guitar.
                      The RR1 for example:
                      1. Allow the buyer to choose 1 pickup or 2 pickup route.
                        Choice of what brand pickups they want in the guitar.
                        Matching Headstock either standard or for a "small" upcharge (& by small I mean $50-$60)

Obviously on an SL1 the option of Pickup route to keep it simple would be Bridge, Bridge + Neck, Bridge + Middle + Neck.
                      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

That's turning into a wishlist thread that we had last year...

Anyway a small improvement would IMO be to use non-slanted pickup rings. I noticed that they're putting slanted pickup rings on (all?) guitars and imo it looks wrong. And use the metal rings instead of plastic too.

Comment

I honestly think that at least 50% of you would run Jackson into the ground just to satrisfy your own desires.

Comment

I want some 7 string options

Comment

I really think the DK1 could steal buyers away from Les Paul studios and American Strats as a no nonsense guitar if it was offered in some more variations.
                              100% agree there. I own a DK1. I like it over the Soloist because of the bolt on neck and because the neck is not as wide. If it came as a string-through with locking tuners and a set of Duncans, it would damn near be my perfect guitar.

As it is, I play my DK1 all the time along with my Gibson Explorer. Those two are my main axes.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl927 View Post
                                100% agree there. I own a DK1. I like it over the Soloist because of the bolt on neck and because the neck is not as wide.
                                The neck is the same width, just the back shape is not as fat.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X