No more custom Serial numbers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    Will Jackson allow Gibson to copy a Rhoads? No.
    Doesn't epiphone make a RR knock off?
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
      Looking at those camos and I keep thinking: Got Milk?
      Mmmm. German cows are the best for chocolate milk.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
        Didn't? It was called Demon

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/msg/266328690.html
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          So FMIC's lawyers stepped to them and made them stop? Or they stopped because they sucked?:ROTF:
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Or they stopped because they sucked?:ROTF:
            That can't be the reason. If Epiphone stupped making guitars that sucked they wouldn't be making guitars anymore.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              That can't be the reason. If Epiphone stupped making guitars that sucked they wouldn't be making guitars anymore.
              Touche!:ROTF:
              Scott

Comment

I want a big McD's golden arch logo on mine.. then some fat kid can sue me for preciptating their weight gain and subsequent heart condition...well.. unless I have a disclaimer.. hmm.. McD's as a sponsor.. it has potential.
                Last edited by charvelguy; 02-12-2007, 01:42 PM.

Comment

It would be hypocritical to allow Gibson shapes while enforcing ownership of the headstock shape...

copywritten materials..Bottom line is if you use it without permission it is theft. We were interested in doing a JCF-03 Heineken strat .. We would have had to retain permission from the owners of Heineken to use that image now. ...

Artist guitars~ In some instances those specified things are owned by the artist or the estate of the artist.. You are well aware Jackson cannot do a Rhoads LTD without Delores permission. You are aware they can't to the Y2K V without Dave's permission. You are aware the ownership rights of all of Warren D's graphics are an issue ... you understand these issues already yet you think it's bullshit they wont do it.. The answer is right in front of you as to why.

JCMI is not a mom and pop shop anymore and the parent company has a much bigger target on their backs if they step out of line....

I think you have some valid points..the Logo issue if true is a bit lame..QC is a biggie... Price increases are part of the game. We created the monster and now we are all upset that it is here ...
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

So.. the mayor Mccheese run is out of the question? (sorry.. I couldn't resist)

Comment

So FMIC's lawyers stepped to them and made them stop? Or they stopped because they sucked?:ROTF:
                      It probably sucked. It really doesn't look all that much like a Rhoads anyway.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not allowing copyrighted images is not a bad thing. People who own the copyright need to give permission or be given compensation. Huge time and money drain.

As for no custom serial numbers...jeebus...who gives a damn?

They used to say if you can dream it, etc. THE PAST. Times change. Different world back then.

As for Mustaine running Jackson, I never believed his comments. He lies about everything else. He can't even run his band o make decen music anymore. He came up with the Axxion. CEO material right there. Have some heroin while you're at it.

Comment

As for Mustaine running Jackson, I never believed his comments

He was speaking the truth ..
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
                            They used to say if you can dream it, etc. THE PAST. Times change. Different world back then.
                            That's right. Forget all the amazing Learn & Lawrence graphics, all the cool body shapes that Jackson currently build, or that I can bring in a unique shaped guitar drawn on a napkin and they'll build it for me. Forget all the gushing we've seen the last couple of years here on the Forum when Pat or whoever has another smokin' CS delivered.

These changes are seriously hindering my dream to have Jackson build me a Les Paul with a Snickers logo on it. And have the SNICK01 serial I've always wanted

Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                            X