No more custom Serial numbers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more custom Serial numbers.

On all CS Jackson and Charvel orders they will no longer do custom serial numbers this was told through me by a sponsor here when I tried ordering a CS numbered guitar and its a no go.

Go FMIC!!

What are 'custom serial numbers'? Like the JCF 02 series? Or J series, RR series? You mean all customs will have the U1 prefix? Clarify that...
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Like you could get your initials before and a number for example JM 010. It did not have to be in this format.

Comment

I never knew that you could do that. Not sure why you'd want to, but I guess it's another thing to add to the 'oh right, thanks then' list....
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Even with a custom serial number, the REAL serial number would still be stamped somewhere on the guitar, in the cavity, pickup route, trem route, etc...

And I guess not having a custom serial number is a deal breaker?

Hmm... wonder if you wouldn't buy a car without a custom VIN, or a house without a custom address, or an amp without a custom model number...
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            Even with a custom serial number, the REAL serial number would still be stamped somewhere on the guitar, in the cavity, pickup route, trem route, etc...

Hmm... wonder if you wouldn't buy a car without a custom VIN, or a house without a custom address, or an amp without a custom model number...

Yeah, its not like you are paying top dollar to order a custom instrument

Oh wait, yes you are.
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post

Now your just making stuff up.

Are you one of FMICs lawyers?

No it was not a deal breaker I still ordered the custom it was an option on the custom ordersheet before for these custom numbers, Dave Mustaine did it.

Comment

I asked about this in 2004 and was told no.
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

As far as I understand they stopped doing this around Jan1, 2003 when they changed locations

Comment

It is all the little things that FMIC is doing wrong that are angering people. All those little wrongs and "no we won`ts" add up and turn folkes off from buying the guitars. Jackson/Charvel is actually getting less custom shop than they were before and with the 20% increase in costs, well................ I think you get the idea Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                      As far as I understand they stopped doing this around Jan1, 2003 when they changed locations
                      Wrong ..JCF02 was after they moved.. they used that as a policy after JCF01 and then gave us back the serials after they moved
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                        Are you one of FMICs lawyers?
                        No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn...

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                        It is all the little things that FMIC is doing wrong that are angering people.
                        so quick people are to forget all the little things that Jackson was doing when they were owned by AMIC that were angering people.

Jackson/Charvel is actually getting less custom shop than they were before
                        And where do you get this information from? What are the numbers? Give me the run down, year by year since they stopped updating the serial number reference chart. Oh wait, you can't.

kthxbye
                        Last edited by xenophobe; 02-11-2007, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Like what for example?
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Oooh, you can't get custom serial numbers?!? Stop the presses, the sky is falling, the world is ending.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              Like what for example?
                              Seriously, you ARE kidding, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X