Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any guitar better than a Dk2m for its price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Aw, give the kid a break, I think he's only 14 years old!
    WTF!?!? The softer side of Ron?
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by Bigjmaster14 View Post
      Anyone? Also is it a good deal if i can get a Dk2m for $270 new? (my friend works at guitar center)
      I'll buy a bunch at that price!!! How many can he get?????

Comment

Originally posted by jcmktgguy View Post
        Probably not more than one without being relieved of his position as a Guitar Center grunt... just a guess

Comment

Originally posted by jcmktgguy View Post
          Is that cheaper than the Jackson Employee discount program??? LOL
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
            :ROTF: :ROTF:

i'd say!

i'll take two please!!
            You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

Aw, give the kid a break, I think he's only 14 years old!

Comment

That was a blowout price. There is NO WAY they are blowing out their best selling Jackson.
                what's the best selling jackson? i can't judge the stats elsewhere but i can tell you that the best selling jackson in raleigh, north carolina for 2006 will be the first one they sell this year - LOL

sam ash and gc are the only places here that carry them and those guitars all have more cobwebs than a wildlife preserve. and the rusty strings don't help sell the guitars either.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

yes it is. you forgot to consider the employee upcharge
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Bigjmaster14 View Post
                    What do you mean i should get rid of the neck plate? What is a neck plate?
                    .......................................... ugh. I'm not even going to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                      What Matt is saying is, you're "friend" is full of shit.
                      He may be able to get last years DK2 model for that price, but the DK2M is a HOT product right now and supplies are limited.
                      Ya, I never said you were full of shit. You can only go by what your friend tells you and ya, he is full of shit. I had a friend that worked at a GC and he said he could only get stuff at 10% over cost. If $270 is 10% over cost, that makes them $245. I think that is less than what it costs Jackson to make um. If he is so damn insistent that he can get um for that, tell him to print out thier cost sheet and show it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                        what's the best selling jackson? i can't judge the stats elsewhere but i can tell you that the best selling jackson in raleigh, north carolina for 2006 will be the first one they sell this year - LOL

sam ash and gc are the only places here that carry them and those guitars all have more cobwebs than a wildlife preserve. and the rusty strings don't help sell the guitars either.

I was referring to Guitar Center (which is Musicians Friend) And would they be blowing out any DK2M's? I don't think so. I don't see an overabundance of them do you??

Comment

Dinky Dk2

I played one of the "new" Dinky Dk2's with the maple/maple necks at GC over the weekend. It looks a bit different with the black sharkfins, but I really liked it.

Is it my imagination, or is the body on the Dk2 a little smaller than the body on the DX10? The Dk2 felt almost like my Charvel Fusion, really great!

P.S. The sales guy I talked to also said GC pays more than $270 for these.

Comment

DK2 is a great guitar for a great price. After i tried one out I thought it was a 1500 dollar guitar.

Comment

with a BO?

Comment

FWIW: GC employees get to purchase gear at GC cost, but they have to go through a whole bunch of rediculous paperwork (signed by managers, sent in for quotes, blah blah blah) to do it.

Still, $270 seems really low.

Comment

Working...
                                X