No announcement yet.

Fake Charvels/Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the Chinese influx of guitars, they are now making Jackson clones. See my post in the eBay section.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86
      Ok, the serial-number on the neckplate of my Charvel is as follows:

What does the digits mean?
      Thanks in advance!
      Hmmm, I had always thought an 8 digit serial starting with zero denotes a Made In India.... maybe the plate was switched?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The MIJ Model A and the A+ both had Ebony boards... I'm just guessing but maybe a Standard????

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
          That's real. It's called a "Standard". It's a Japanese model made around 2002 when they brought the Charvel line back. Now they're discontinued since they started the USA line again.
          Doh.... I should have read the second page before posting

Comment

I thought the first two digits of the serial indicated the year of production... but I could be wrong.

And yeah it is most likely that the Charvels & Jacksons you hear about being faked are the San Dimas era guitars (late 70's - early-mid 80s)
            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
              Hmmm, I had always thought an 8 digit serial starting with zero denotes a Made In India.... maybe the plate was switched?
              Does that mean my plate has been switched with a plate made in India? The plate has the Charvel logo on it by the way..
              As far as I know Charvel don't make guitars in India, right?
              Does that mean I've got a real Charvel with a fake neckplate then?
              Sounds rather strange to me:/
              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Drsracing
                What is your charvel?? Pics serial, Bolt ons are easy to fake, but Neck thrus are reallya waste, to hard
                Well, not really, as there are more than enough set neck Knockoffs that could be "relogoed" and modded a bit, such as the ernandes Rhoads and the Vester + JB player Soloists.

Fortunatey, the forgers don´t seem to have realized this yet

....Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, but I know there's been some legal disagreements between Charvel and Jackson over the years, and I'm wondering if maybe that's got something to do with it?...
                This is wholly incorrect, as Jackson and Charvel are merely 2 different brands produced by the exact same company. Like the way Kraft also makes a lot of the stuff you can buy at Aldi, it just doesn´t say Kraft. But the quality is the same, as are the people making it.
                Last edited by Zerberus; 08-08-2006, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                  Well, not really, as there are more than enough set neck Knockoffs that could be "relogoed" and modded a bit, such as the ernandes Rhoads and the Vester + JB player Soloists.

Fortunatey, the forgers don´t seem to have realized this yet

This is wholly incorrect, as Jackson and Charvel are merely 2 different brands produced by the exact same company. Like the way Kraft also makes a lot of the stuff you can buy at Aldi, it just doesn´t say Kraft. But the quality is the same, as are the people making it.
                  Thanks, I've had so much misinformation you wouldn't believe it.. So thanks for telling me the truth guys!
                  Preach

Comment

Comment

Sorry for post here, but any1 please help me identify this Jackson/Charvel
                      here is foto
                      [

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Sweet guitar JacksonRR!
                          My neckplate doesn't even say "By Jackson/Charvel" under the Charvel logo:/

Comment

That's right, my necklate doesn't say "by Jackson/Charvel" under the Charvel-logo... Isn't it supposed to say that, if it's MIJ anyway?
                            Or have I gotten my facts wrong again lol...
                            Well, I'm confused, would like to sort this out

Comment

That's right, my necklate doesn't say "by Jackson/Charvel" under the Charvel-logo... Isn't it supposed to say that, if it's MIJ anyway?
                              nope

Or have I gotten my facts wrong again lol...
                              yup

As time has passed, the cast neckplates got simpler and less informative. Eventually, to the point where they did away with the cast neckplates altogether and newer imports usually have a boring plain neckplate. I haven't done an exhaustive investigation into neckplate timelines & history, etc, but my '92 Jackson Fusion Plus still has the cast neckplate, but without the Ft Worth address that we rely on to indicate that the Model series Charvels aren't actually MIA. By the mid-90s, cast plates were gone and we had to use other tells (eg. the serial format, or spacing of 12th fret dots) regarding an import Jackson or Charvel's origins
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonRR
                                Sorry for post here, but any1 please help me identify this Jackson/Charvel
                                here is foto
                                [
                                Wow, a 24-fret bolt-on dinky, Schaller, sharkies, but with the guitar-shaped logo? I'm thinking Japan-market only. How about one of the Super Dinky models? Check out the '89 SDK-100-SH here:

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...OnlyPage08.htm

I think that might be it.

Comment

Working...
                                X