Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Inlays - Red & Orange Inlay Material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom Inlays - Red & Orange Inlay Material?

somehow red and Jackson don't mix.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I agree. That shade of Red doesn't go all that well with that Jackson. When I first saw it, I thought ot myself..."That's cool...but something seems off" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

slevy007

Comment

+1. Abalone comes in different shades (naturally occuring or tinted, I don't know). But they are perfectly consistent in color. A lot of times it is just colored plastic. I have seem a tutorial about installing inlays where they take clear plastic and a colored material, route the neck, apply glue and insert the colored piece, plastic top, then sand the whole board even. You can look over at projectguitar.com

slevy007 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          somehow red and Jackson don't mix.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said it was going to be a Jackson? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I can actually answer this question shredder because I asked Mike learn about it. The inlays on the green flame guitar pictured above (providing they are the same as the orange flame inlay guitar) are made of acrylic. Its a new thing they are trying with some inlays. Turned out pretty badass I think. If it was just straight plastic there would be no color variation. However you can also get colored MOP, this was an option that John presented to me on my custom when I wanted Gold MOP sharkies, I dunno why they couldn't use the real thing, but there is that option also.

Why don't you send Mike a PM and get the details and see if that would be what you are looking for.

Comment

Anyone remember what Mike's handle is? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Anyone remember what Mike's handle is? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                palepainter
                www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X