LEAST favorite finishes/graphics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LEAST favorite finishes/graphics?

Trains anyone? Is there any good train themed graphics out there?

Comment

Oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone please help me take the KNIFE out my back and also Jacksons! I cannot believe my eyes! You don't like EERIE DESS SWIRL or Pile of Furkin Skulls! Are we forgetting that these guitars are METAL/ ROCK monsters and instruments of destruction with awesome graphics (Thank you Dan)to give each guitar more character, to make others jealous, and basically fulfill that fantastical dream every young boy has... To RUle the World with a GUITAR! Am I right? Let me answer that for you... aahhhHHH Hell Yeah! I thought you guys were my friends, my bros..... now I see the truth..... you guys are all a little bit younger versions of my GRANDMA! I fart in your generalllllll DIrection!

Anyway, My least favorite graphic is that Shipwrecked Island graphic [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] I could poo on that for days [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Thats for my EERIE DESS Rhoads coming my way thanks to Joel D, my Pile of Skulls DK-1 my Lightning sky RR1, and my other Jacksons! Im OUT!!!!!

dont take the above rant too seriously! I was only joking... well except for disliking the shipwrecked graphic. Take that PallarAnders [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

the only on i really hate is EDS

i really do like
        flames: esp HRF/BOF, greenHRF
        80ies stencils: Checker, Spiral/Bull, Versatel, consV, Racing
        animals: Bengals
        and plain colors (w/ sparkles too)

detailed graphics are ok but like TTOS said: nothing from far away

Comment

Well I like them as obnoxious as I can get them, the worst for me has to be shattered glass because......It looks nothing like shattered glass [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Ohhh wait shattered glass with blood might be worse. Other then that give me Hot Pink,Polka Dots,Snakeskin....OOOH OOOH How about hot pink snakeskin with polka dots [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            ...solid black on electric guitars and natural finishes on acoustic guitars will suffice. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldnt have said it better myself. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

The best: when you can see the wood, Trans Black! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              The not best: EDS, Bengal

Comment

I don't like plain black, and those cheesy skulls, bones, snakes, graveyard etc. graphics.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Solid: Black, metallic black, whatever.

Transparents: Trans black. Usually looks like washed out trans grey. (Hurl.) What a waste of a nice flame / quilt top.

Graphics: Many of "death" related schemes. Pile of skulls, graveyard, etc. The artwork itself is cool, nicely done. But IMHO the general concepts are cheesy.

Comment

I don't like sold black finishes (mostly), trans black is not nice either.

And I don't like the transparant tops on most Jacksons. The flamed maple looks so cheap and thin it's sickening to me, there's no depth in them. The quilts are sometimes better (SLATQH!) but for the most part they suck as well for me.
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Any Jackson graphic is darn cheesy indeed (Blue Bengal and other 80's big hair stuff? ). Say i got a couple of these 80's finish guitars, can't use them, can't sell them... worth burning on a bbq...

Actually, the only graphic I like is Black Ghost Flame and Hot Rod Flame (HRF only on JJ2s and RR, dunno why...).

Trans colors could be waaaaaay nicer with black hardware.

Solid colors I like? Black. Or black with white bevels on Vs. That's it.

And I just don't like any guitar with tacky gold hardware. And blue guitars...

Comment

I hate every metallic finish ever made. Who the hell thought a sparkly guitar would be cool? Hot Rod Flames and Sunbursts don't do it for me either...I however LOVE trans green unlike anyone else it seems...

Comment

Wow, I'm quite surprised a lot of people hate solid black. I'm very happy with this, given that virtually EVERY manufacturer will offer plain ol' black on almost ALL their models, and it is a classy "classic" color that is simple, timeless, elegant, inexpensive, and plentiful, especially since you guys aren't scooping them up like I am. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Thanks bros. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [black]it is a classy "classic" color that is simple, timeless, elegant, inexpensive, and plentiful

[/ QUOTE ]
                            [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I totally agree with you! Solid black stands the test of time (shit, what game was this motto in??? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] )

Comment

Black with chrome or gold hardware looks awesome, imo. I *hate* it with black hardware.

A solid black body with white binding, white pickups, chrome hardware and an ebony board with no inlays is absolutely killer.

Comment

I don't like Hot Rod Flames.
                                Ghost Flames do look alot better, though.
                                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
                                X