X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LEAST favorite finishes/graphics?

EDS is awesome..

I don't like war(bird) grahpics
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I hate all black, black pickups, hardware, body, ebony board. I like some contrast. I like black with chrome and zebras, creams or whites. I hate EDS, it was cool but the same graphic can be had on a top of the line Soloist or a bottom of the line import. That, for me, ruins the appeal.

I hate stuff like skulls mixed with snakes, but dig snakeskin or one skull...although either is not my favorite.

I hate the Ojeda Bullseye.

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I'm not keen on Spiral Checkerboard and those eighties finishes in a similar vein (not sure on the exact name for them!!). I'd also pass on EDS finishes and most sunburst's.

Comment

I actually think about half of the graphics in the 2004 catalog are cheesy.
          Stuff like Shattered Glass is the worst one.
          Other stuff like Pile O' Skulls, Graveyard,Blue Bengal,Snakeskin and also Trans Black on most of Jackson seems so weird as well.
          They look like Trans Grey and loos so cheap.
          It needs to be darker.

Comment

shattered glass, checkerboards, gay seafoam green...

Comment

I have never been a fan of graphics at all. I prefer trans finishes, and solid black. One color I really hate, is solid red.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Boy, this is a revealing thread, isn't it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I agree with a lot of you guys on graphics...way too cheesy. Skulls and Graveyards? [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] Though for some bizarre reason I love chinese dragon graphics [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I also really don't like blooddrip, especially on black. If you're going to do it, at least do it on white so it's visible!

A lot of the current trans finishes look bad...though I don't really know why. The trans green is one of the worst, though green is my favorite color. I guess it should be darker, though I don't know if that would help (maybe it's the chrome hardware?)

Comment

Any kind of crackle, redrum, skulls or any type of death/blood stuff.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Though for some bizarre reason I love chinese dragon graphics [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

A lot of the current trans finishes look bad...though I don't really know why. The trans green is one of the worst, though green is my favorite color. I guess it should be darker, though I don't know if that would help (maybe it's the chrome hardware?)

[/ QUOTE ]

That Dragon graphic is very sweet.
                    I prefer Black Dragon on White body(R.Crosby) not on Silver body.
                    If you were talking about that colorful Dragon, yes that is very cool finish too especially with Maple fingerboard & Ebony inlays..newc's old one.

One of the reasons why many trans colors look weird is teh chrome parts for sure.
                    If you had Black or Gold, they would look better.
                    Chrome on Trans Colors make it look cheap IMO.
                    Also,Many of Trans colors are shot over Flame Top.
                    If they were Quilted, would look nice as well.

Comment

i hate NEON [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] art deco, and hot rod flames
                      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I dont like detailed graphics (pile o skulls, graveyard etc) because althought they look impressive closeup, from the back of a dimly lit venue they just look like someone dumped on your axe. Simple designs however (spirals, stripes, checkerboards, neon stuff, swirls etc) may look cheesy closeup, but look awesome from a distance..

Generally, I like anything that will impress the birds, without making me look like too much of a pansy!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          i hate animal graphics (tiger stripes, zebra dots)

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is a zebra dot? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

I love tiger stripes, btw. Rowr. I like kitsch in general, though I'm not crazy about the dark flavor of cheese. (Skulls, blood, etc.) I like my cheese pink and furry.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            doesn't do anything for me on the KV or Rhodes.

[/ QUOTE ]

THE WHAT????!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

When you're as narrow-minded as I am, only solid black on electric guitars and natural finishes on acoustic guitars will suffice. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

the sunsetbeach/bikini beach ones. Those were too busy and they had really cheesey graphics.

I love however the dragons, blood/redrum, car themed/plane themed graphics.
                                www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Working...
                                X