Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be careful when lending guitars...

Hi guys,

Just a quick post and reminder to be careful when lending your guitars to people. Both my brothers have been using my Stealth, the result:

This guitar was in pristine as new condition [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Anyone else experienced this ?

Re: Be careful when lending guitars...

christ! What were they doing, driving nails with it? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I lent my model 2 to a 'friend' and his dog got to it and chewed the sides of the body, the headstock and the toggle switch (it was a modded model 2!) How I laughed.....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Everytime my sister vacuums my room, my strat get's another dent. Also, my pristine condition Nightswan get a chip on the top horn, and now small pieces of the finish can be removed and put back.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Everytime my sister vacuums my room, my strat get's another dent.

[/ QUOTE ]

That´s just the price to pay for not cleaning up yourself [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          Grow up man [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

There's two things I don't lend out: Money or Guitars. Keeps me happier that way.

Comment

You lend your guitars!? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Then don't complain [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I knew that comment was coming [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

All I can say is that from now on, noone else plays my guitars unless its under my strict supervision [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

i lent my epi SG once.. and never again. if i see anybody playing it without my consent, it's the last time they touched any of my stuff.. if they dent it, blood flows
                  You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

I have a couple of those too when my friends come over have a few (or more) beers and pick up my guitars thinking there Eddie or Randy............... [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Sorry about the dent, but I am with Newc. No one touches my stuff unless I am there. My guitars are always in their cases unless I am playing one of them. The only exception to this rule is a Samick LP Custom that I leave on a stand every once in a while. And even that has been over a year.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Years ago a friend gave me an acoustic the she had and never used. I had it about a week and I loaned it to a friend that had to sell his guitar to pay for his baby. Years later I ran into him and asked about it. He said something to the effect of "Oh, the bridge popped off that thing a long time ago so I threw it away." My guess is that he pawned it. Luckily is wasn't a fiddle I really loved!!

Now, I think I have 1 friend that I trust enough to loan guitars too, but he has enough where he wouldn't need to borrow them.

On a related note, also many years ago (~10) I let my room mates guitar player play my LTD. He was a Rhoads fan too. As he went to sit down the top wing missed the door knob by about an inch. I just about browned my trousers. Due to a strict no touchy policy I can proudly say my LTD is still in mint condition.

Comment

Get an old POS for the goofballs to play on [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The one that always gets me (and the reason every guitar I own and will ever own gets a DiMarzio Cliplock) is when someone picks up a guitar with a regular strap and regular strap pins on it, and the end of the strap is upside down. I've seen EXPERIENCED guitarists do this, then they remove both hands from the guitar, and are surprised when it hits the floor [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

This is why I like to play beaters. Sit them on a stand, let someone play it, drop it down the stairs, whatever. As long as they play nicely I dont really mind a few bumps and bruises. I keep all the minty stuff in their cases.

Comment

A guitar is like your wife/girlfriend. Never, never lend them to anyone.
                              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
                              X