Be careful when lending guitars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Be careful when lending guitars...

I don't lend my guitars out to anyone. I don't even let my son take one over to his friends for their band practice. I occasionally let other people I know play them, but only while I am there watching.

On a related subject, has anyone ever been playing a party or event, and have someone from the audience come up and want to jam on your axe. I have had this happen on two occasions and it makes me laugh. What are these guys thinking? I don't who they are, and I am going to let them use one of my babies just so they can try and show off? I don't think so! I tell them, "Dude, if you want to play get you own rig and gig." I guess it takes all kinds.
    Jackson: DK1
    Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      Everytime my sister vacuums my room, my strat get's another dent.

[/ QUOTE ]

That´s just the price to pay for not cleaning up yourself [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Grow up man [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
      cleaning is womans work. I'm a (soon-to-be) man.

Comment

i lent out my 100% mint peavey 5 string bass to my bass player once.............went over for practice one day and his mother nearly had to have me removed from their house because of what he did to it [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

yep pos for my drunken friends=only the best for them [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          and as far as stage if someone gets up to play on my stuff (which they never do) they get a decent guitar to play but never my charvels or jacksons.Only reason back in the day a local player got up with one of my jackson-thought he was paul stanley and blam on the floor it went-no sorry or what ever it cost I pay for it just damn dude that was wild...

Comment

Here's my guitar lending horror story(though it has a great ending!!LOL!!):

http://p074.ezboard.com/fcharvelcent...icID=569.topic

Comment

should post the story...gotta be a member to view that

Comment

No way I'm re-typing that whole thing!!Just join CC,best Charvel forum ever!!LOL!!

Comment

Guitars are meant to be played, and beat up. I used to loan out some of mine to friends who would tour with them. They did some damage, who carez? One of my guitars was loaned out to a bunch of endorsees, and it really got hammered. Joe Perry even left a cigarette burn in the sucker. I look at it as souviners. Actually if you have a weak heart dont read the next part........
                  One of my friends used to swing some of my guitars on stage around his head by the strap. One time, one of them went flying into a wall..........It was a blast...........Loan out your guitars, beat on them, and make the fuckers scream like a weasel..............

Comment

Wow... great story Chuck! Glad you got that sweet looking beast back together too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Guitars are meant to be played, and beat up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. But I want to be the one doing the beating! Speaking of which, here's my KE-1 with its new "natural pinstripes" finish:

I was going to buff it out to a gloss, but I'm sick of the black-on-black look. Now it looks like an old war horse. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Anyway, my lending story.

I lent my very first guitar to the brother of a friend, who was supposed to be giving me some lessons. As I understood it, he needed a guitar (and amp) for a gig. Some time goes by, I don't hear from him. So I go to my friend's house to find him. He's moved out, and of course taken my gear with him. Long story short... my mom and I had to search all over town to finally get my stuff back, and he never had a gig. And he never gave me any lessons. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
                      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I think I've learnt my lesson.. from now on all my minty guitars stay locked in cases. I never realised how much I love that guitar til it got dented !

Comment

i'm all for in the cases at all times when i was still living at home, i'm with mstraughen above.
                          i have 24 nieces and nephews. my brother came over one saturday with the kids, they had just gotten done munching on some mcdonalds fine dining, and one of my nieces comes
                          barrelling through my bedroom door, i'm still crashed out , it's 1:30-2 p.m. (late night)she's screaming "play with me!!! play with me!!!, you know how the little buzzards are, i open one of my eyes and say, i'll play with you guys later, you're uncle tommy is on his death bed right now, next thing i know the boys come barrelling in, there's that nasty ass chicken mctesticle sauce being spilled all over me, the bed , my amp,two guitars that were leaning against the wall and not in cases, of course they both go down hard during the hyper coca cola kid invasion, and all you can do in the end is say, alright i'll fukkin' play with you, i'll be down in 5 minutes. they're just little minnies, mine are psychotic of course so cases forever after that.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            The one that always gets me (and the reason every guitar I own and will ever own gets a DiMarzio Cliplock) is when someone picks up a guitar with a regular strap and regular strap pins on it, and the end of the strap is upside down. I've seen EXPERIENCED guitarists do this, then they remove both hands from the guitar, and are surprised when it hits the floor [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhh Maaan. That is my "pet peeve". Even with straplocks, I ALWAYS keep at least one hand on my guitar. My bass player (who claims I am "anal" for using straplocks) & I went to GC on a buying spree a couple years ago. He came into some serious cash, and wanted new gear. So, we get home with his new stuff which included a Conklin GT4 string bass. They have some locking system on the jack imput, but not on the straps. As he's standing there trying to figure out this imput thingie...the strap pops off, and the bass lands flat on it's face on the concrete floor. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] He didnt even have it plugged in yet. It bounced about 3 times. He was like.."Well, I guess I got that first nick out of the way...let's jam". [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

I let me LPC to a guy I was jammin with and he knocked te stand he had just placed it on and it fell over at hit square on the nut [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img](I'm so lucky that the headstock did not snap off, the practice space was carpetted the week before).
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

My friend loaned me his Les Paul Studio.
                                I've had it for about 3 months now.
                                He rather let me hold on to it for him and play it,
                                than collect dust at his house.
                                Nice guy. I wonder if he will ever ask for it back?

Comment

Working...
                                X