Military themes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military themes...

Schecter recently came out with a military theme on 3 of their guitars. Jackson should do the same.
    For instance:
    In camo you could do a 3 guitar series:
    Desert
    Winter
    Jungle
    In military you could do series that include:
    WW1
    WW2
    Vietnam
    Korean
    Desert Storm
    Iraq
    Or series that include:
    Air Force
    Army
    Marines
    Navy

Re: Military themes...

[ QUOTE ]
    Navy

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the Navy theme. Could be a bunch of squids passed out at bar in Rota.

Seriously though, like the idea. Being retired Navy, thats sounds like a good project guitar to do. Navy blue with anchors or large guns firing (ex-gunner). [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Could be a bunch of squids passed out at bar in Rota.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Or a picture of a squid walking arm in arm with a LBFM on Magsaysay St. in Subic Bay (Oldschool).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Or a picture of a squid walking arm in arm with a LBFM on Magsaysay St. in Subic Bay (Oldschool).

[/ QUOTE ]
        [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Well, if it were Subic Bay, i'd have a picture of a squid in a different position. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

sounds like a limited run that you could get a dealer to do. i know the schecters that you're talking about, and i also think that they won't sell. they look cool,tho.

jmo.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            sounds like a limited run that you could get a dealer to do. i know the schecters that you're talking about, and i also think that they won't sell. they look cool,tho.

jmo.

[/ QUOTE ]

People love camo. Look at the Zack Wylde guitars!
            Doing a bolt on in desert, winter and jungle camo would be a huge hit. The reason the Schecters might not be selling is the cheese factor. Having the aged hardware and all the other little touchs just makes the guitars too "cheesy".
            For example: a desert camo dinky with a raw oiled unfinished maple/maple neck and a reverse headstock would be really popular.

Comment

agreed that you could certainly get people to buy them, and you can just look in the clothing stores and see that camo is in fashion right now, but why wait for a production line? have a run done!
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Are the AMS Camo Kellys selling? I've not seen anyone here with one, but then we know better than to shop at AM$ for Jacksons [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

And yeah, grab a dealer and do a run of Winter Camo WRMGs [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've never seen a Jackson camo that looked either correct mil-spec, or even one that looked decent.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I played guitar to escape from the fact that I was in the military, why would I want to be reminded of it everytime I picked up my axe? All my uniforms and floatbooks, pictures, certificates, etc... are tucked away in the closet to show my kids someday. Until then I just want to be able to sleep at night and not feel like someone is telling me what to do 24/7.

Comment

first desert storm please ( tri or 6 color pattern)
                      urban camo ala esp
                      normal woodland

please

no camo like those kelly's and iirc those Olde Wolbers sigs.

Comment

Its gotta be done right. BC Rich always had nice camo or military themes.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          first desert storm please ( tri or 6 color pattern)
                          urban camo ala esp
                          normal woodland

please

no camo like those kelly's and iirc those Olde Wolbers sigs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The current pattern/colors on our desert camo looks 100 times better than that crap from Desert Storm we affectionately referred to as "chocolate chip".
                          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            People love camo. Look at the Zack Wylde guitars!

[/ QUOTE ]

What if Zakk didn't play one? Who would buy a camo Les Paul then?
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Are the AMS Camo Kellys selling?

[/ QUOTE ]

The camo on those is terrible - just like the new Christian Olde Wolbers Dinky. The dorkometer is pegged. That finish should be call SBC (short bus camo).
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X